Delicious, soft and chewy Molasses Cookies that are rolled in sugar, baked and topped with the white chocolate for the perfect finishing touch. These cookies make the perfect Christmas treat! Your treat platter for the holidays won’t be complete with these traditional Christmas Cookies. They are a family favorite and they freeze great for making ahead of the holidays!
These Molasses Cookies are my favorite! The rest of my family doesn’t get excited over this type of cookie but I love them. They are the perfectly crisp outside, chewy center with tons of spice. My Dad also loves them so if you need us at Christmas you can find us right next to these cookies. Well, we might move over to our other favorite Christmas treat, Chocolate Covered Cherries!
Did you see the face lift Julie’s Eats & Treats got over the weekend? I made the dreaded Blogger to WordPress move and now I’m all cool and stuff. Well that and Blogger told me I was out of storage space with my pictures so I kind of said the time is now! What do you think of it?
I designed my website so there maybe be a few tweaks, or a lot of tweaks coming still and we’ll get the kinks worked out hopefully sooner rather than later. Just bear with me ok? I promise I’ll still have lots of goodies for this upcoming Christmas season.
Molasses Cookie Recipes
I might have been holding out on you last week. I might have not posted these yummy cookies. But I apologize. I just didn’t want you to eat them all before Christmas. I promise this will be a problem when you make these.
I went as far as to hide them in the downstairs in the laundry room and I still went down there to get them. I mean I thought the laundry room was safe. I try to get there the least amount possible. Who’s with me on that?
I tried these cookies the same weekend then we made the Red Velvet Cookies and Slice and Bake Walnut Cookies. The weekend was full of fabulous cookies! How did I get so lucky? Oh, that’s right because I had my bestie from college as my assistant. It had to be her magic touch. Hopefully, we don’t go two years without seeing each other again. We can’t wait that long for more fabulous treats!
What do molasses cookies taste like?
Deep and rich in flavor these are slightly sweet. Light molasses is sweeter, dark molasses more full-bodied and rich. Choose your favorite!
Are gingerbread cookies and molasses cookies the same?
Although both cookies use molasses, the difference between gingerbread and molasses cookies is that molasses cookies are chewier. Ginger molasses cookies that are crispier in texture. Both are delicious!
Grocery List for Ginger Molasses Cookies
- white chips
Ginger Molasses Cookies
The best thing about these Molasses cookies is that they freeze great. I love making a few cookies every weekend and freezing them before Christmas so things don’t see quit as overwhelming when Christmas comes.
Then I just pull a few out of the freezer at a time and arrange them on a platter for a festive cookie tray that is stress-free!
I decorated mine with a little white chocolate drizzle which I think dresses them up again, but if you don’t want the white chocolate on them they are delicious without it too.
How to make Soft Molasses Cookies
- Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses.
- Stir in thedry ingredients.
- Roll dough into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake on lightly greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine the chips and oil in a double boiler. Melt until completely smooth.
- Use a spoon and drizzle white chocolate over cookies. Let cookies sit until the chocolate is set.
How long do molasses cookies last?
These cookies will stay fresh and delicious up to two weeks at room temperature.
If you want them to last longer than that just pop them in the freezer!
Round out your cookie tray with more GREAT cookie recipes!
- Gingerdoodles Cookie Recipe
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Salted Caramel Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- Snowman Cookies
- Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
These yummy Molasses Cookies stay soft and chewy with just the right amount of crispness on the outside. I also froze some and am happy to report that they came out just as soft post-freezing. A must for me!
It would be great if you’d leave a five-star rating below and tell me how much you love these cookies! While you’re at it, tell me what is YOUR favorite holiday cookie!!!
White Chocolate Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups white chips
- 1 Tbsp oil or shortening
- Beat oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Roll dough into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake on lightly greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets at 350 for about 10 minutes. You want to bake them just until the tops start to crack. Cool completely.
- Combine chips and oil in a double boiler. Melt until completely smooth. Drizzle white chocolate over cookies. Let cookies sit until white chocolate is set.