I’m wrapping up my week of ice cream recipes that I made just for you! The last one on my agenda was Cookie Dough Ice cream. I’m a BIG fan of DQ and their cookie dough Blizzard so I knew this one would be a winner in my book.
It takes a little extra work to make that cookie dough up instead of just throwing in a few prepackaged cookies like my Nutter Butter Ice Cream and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, but it’s totally worth it.
I made three ice cream recipes this week and each one centers around cookies. I just realized that. Think I might have a cookie obsession? Yes I think it might be. You still love me right? Good. Now let’s continue.
I hope you enjoyed this week of ice cream treats and I’ll be back to regular recipes next week! Don’t worry for all you ice cream lovers out there I’m sure I’ll throw in a few more recipes through out the summer.
If you haven’t entered to win the $100 Amazon Gift Card hurry over and do that too!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 c. of heavy cream
- 1 c. of half and half
- 3/4 c. of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together butter and brown sugar together for the cookie dough until smooth. Add vanilla and mix well then add the flour and combine.
- Stick the bowl in the fridge or freezer for a little bit and let it harden up a bit so it stays together when you mix it in the ice cream.
- For the ice cream in a large mixing bowl combine, heavy cream, half and half, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and prepare according to according to directions.
- In the last few minutes mix in the cookie dough by small teaspoons.
- Store in the freezer.
by Julie Evink
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4133kcal Calories from fat 2595|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 288g||443%|
|Saturated Fat 180g||900%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more ice cream treats?