Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Air Fryer Chicken Legs are a quick and easy dinner recipe! These Chicken Drumsticks are tossed in olive oil and then a blend of seasonings before they are cooked. This gives them a delicious flavor and crispy skin!
Today it’s all about crispy chicken legs in your Air Fryer with a super simple spice rub. This is a weeknight-friendly way to switch up your chicken dinner, especially if you’ve been stuck in a boneless, skinless chicken breast rut. Chicken drumsticks are juicy, full of flavor and so easy to cook in an air fryer. Serve them with some Creamy Corn Macaroni and Cheese Casserole for a dinner your whole family will love!
These Air Fryer Chicken Legs have “go-to weeknight dinner” written all over them! In 30 minutes you can prep and cook the chicken legs and dinner is ready to go.
We love Baked Chicken Legs and Barbecue Baked Chicken Drumsticks that are cooked in the oven, but these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are one of our new favorites. The skin gets so nice and crispy and the flavor from the seasoning is so delicious!
This is definitely a chicken recipe you want to keep around because it pretty much goes with anything. I love them with potato salad and pasta salad during the summer and roasted vegetables during the winter.
Don’t have an air fryer? Try my Crock Pot Chicken Legs!
What do I need to make this?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this easy Air Fryer Chicken Drumstick recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Preheat – Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F and preheat it for 10 minutes
- Season – Place the chicken in a bowl (or resealable bag) and coat it with the olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the spices. Sprinkle the spices over the top of the chicken and toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cook – Place the chicken in the air fryer and cook it for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken drumsticks over and cook them for another 10 minutes. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
What tools do I need?
- Large bowl for seasoning the chicken
- Small bowl for mixing the spices
- Air fryer
Tips and Tricks for Making the BEST Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks!
- For really crispy skin, it’s a good idea to pat your chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel before you coat them in the oil and spices. This removes any excess moisture and ensures your chicken cooks up with a crispy skin.
- Be sure to preheat your air fryer. Just l like your oven, you want to make sure your air fryer is hot and at temperature, which is 400 degrees F for the chicken legs.
- Don’t overfill the air fryer otherwise your chicken legs won’t cook evenly since the air won’t be able to circulate fully. Check your air fryer manual for information about how much you should fill your particular model.
- Don’t stack your chicken legs in the air fryer. Place them in a single layer so the skin is exposed. This will ensure your chicken drumsticks cook evenly and get that delicious crispy skin!
- Chicken is done when the internal temperate reaches 165 degrees F. I prefer to cook my chicken drumsticks to 180-190 degrees F so the meat is falling off of the bone. Also, cooking it to a higher temperature gets rid of the bloody spots around the bone.
This easy chicken drumstick recipe is just another reason to love your air fryer! I hope you give this recipe a try!
More Air Fryer Recipes!
Love using your Air Fryer as much as we do for quick meals and treats? Here are a few of our most popular recipes using your Air Fryer!
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Meatballs
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine all the spices and herbs, set mixture aside.
- Place chicken in a plastic resealable bag or bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add spice mixture to bag or bowl and toss to coat chicken legs.
- Place chicken drumsticks in air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken drumsticks over and cook for an additional 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, if it is not this temperature add a few more minutes of cooking time and check after that. I actually prefer my chicken legs about 180-190 degrees so they fall off the bone and there’s no bloody spots around the bone.
Leave a Comment