Apple Monkey Bread is a delicious fall twist on regular monkey bread! It’s ooey, gooey and full of cinnamon, apples and caramel. Prep it the night before and wake your family up to the amazing smell of cinnamon and apples!
AMAZING Apple Monkey Bread!
Apple Monkey Bread is one of our favorite fall treats to wake up to when the air is crisp and I want all things fall! It’s one of those great make-ahead breakfast recipes that you can make the night before. The dough rises overnight so it’s ready to bake in the morning. In other words, you can still sleep in and have a fresh-baked breakfast treat! That’s a win-win for me!
So I might have skipped apples this fall and went straight for pumpkin with the Sweet Pumpkin Dip, Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies and Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Pumpkin Bread. I apologize for this, but I was so excited for fall and pumpkin I might have jumped the gun. I got a little sidetracked with pumpkin but now I’m here with this amazing Apple Monkey Bread and I know you’re going to love it. I love apple anything this time of year! Inspiration hit when I needed a Sunday breakfast at the end of the summer when we were at the lake and, well, Monkey Bread is like the most awesome breakfast ever!
You can’t beat this combo of caramel and apples in this monkey bread recipe! Imagine filling your kitchen with the scent of baking apples and cinnamon. I mean, is there anything better on a crisp weekend morning than that? The monkey bread is baked with caramel sauce, which gives it the most amazing flavor and it’s so ooey-gooey after it comes out the oven. I love that all I have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven! Gives me plenty of time to enjoy my first cup of coffee and a little peace and quiet before the kiddos are up. Those quiet moments are so great!
So, let’s bring on the apples and make some Apple Monkey Bread – your fall season won’t be complete without it!
What Ingredients do I need to make Apple Monkey Bread?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious Apple Monkey Bread recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls, thawed but still cold
- melted butter
- chopped apples
- caramel sauce
How do I make Apple Monkey Bread?
- Prepare Cinnamon Rolls – cut each cinnamon roll into four pieces. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll each cinnamon roll piece in the butter and then in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place ingredients in Bundt Pan – grease the bundt pan and place the cinnamon roll pieces in it and sprinkle them with the chopped apples. Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the rolls.
- Rise – cover the pan with plastic wrap and let the monkey bread rise overnight at room temperature.
- Bake – the next morning, remove the plastic wrap and bake the monkey bread for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
What tools do I need to make this?
- two small bowls for the melted butter and sugar/cinnamon mixture
- bundt pan
- plastic wrap
Why is it called Monkey Bread?
So, apparently, it’s called Monkey Bread because you pull apart the bread with your fingers like a monkey would!
Does this need to be served warm?
Monkey Bread is definitely better served warm! Once it’s baked, cool it in the pan for a few minutes before turning it out onto a serving dish and serve it while it’s still warm. If needed, you can rewarm pieces of Monkey Bread in the microwave.
How long do you cook monkey bread for?
It should take between 35 and 40 minutes for the Monkey Bread to bake at 350 degrees, but you should keep an eye on it as oven temperatures vary. If you’re not sure if it’s fully baked, take a knife and poke one of the center dough pieces. If it’s sticky and raw then you will need to add more time.
Does monkey bread need to be refrigerated?
No, you don’t need to refrigerate Monkey Bread. It will keep well at room temperature for a couple of days as long as it’s wrapped.
I cannot even tell you how wonderful this Apple Monkey Bread is fresh out of the oven. You have to try it and I hope you love it as much as we do! Be sure to check out some of our other favorite apple recipes we like to make or browse more Monkey Bread recipes if you want some more ideas…
MORE APPLE RECIPES!
Love apples in the fall as much as we do? Don’t miss out on these delicious recipes using apple!
- Apple Bars with Caramel Frosting
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Apple Muffins
- Crumb Apple Zucchini Bread
- Grilled Caramel Apple Crisp
Want more Monkey Bread?
If you love monkey bread like we do here are a few more twist on it!
- Maple Pecan Monkey Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Muffins
- Strawberries & Cream Monkey Bread
- Funfetti Monkey Bread
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS APPLE MONKEY BREAD RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 12 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls thawed, but still cold
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c. apples peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
- Grease bundt pan.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip each roll in melted butter and roll in sugar. Place in prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle apples over cinnamon rolls as you place them in the pan. Drizzle caramel over the rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise on the counter overnight. Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Adapted from: Rhodes