Sticky, delicious and easy Monkey Bread is always a hit for breakfast or brunch! Simply cut up refrigerated biscuit dough, toss it in cinnamon sugar and drizzle caramel over it and bake. It’s can also be called pull aparts. It’s so easy that the kids can help with this treat!
If there’s one breakfast treat my kids beg for, it’s monkey bread! Ooey-gooey cinnamon and caramel rolls served warm is pretty much their idea of the perfect breakfast. It’s definitely a special breakfast when we have it, so I’m sharing the best monkey bread recipe with you!
I have to admit it’s one of my favorites, too! It’s easy to make, and it never fails to please – it’s practically a requirement whenever we have a special weekend or holiday breakfast!
What is Monkey Bread?
It’s a type of pastry made with dough, cinnamon, and caramel sauce. It’s made by stacking individual spiced rolls in a Bundt pan before you pour hot caramel over the top.
It is often called pull-apart bread because once baked, you can pull off pieces with your fingers. It’s a sticky, delicious sweet treat!
I have several different monkey bread recipes, which I’ve linked at the end of this post, but this recipe is the classic. Just cinnamon, sugar, and caramel sauce – it’s the best recipe and always a favorite!
Of course, you could make the whole thing from scratch with homemade yeasted dough, but I use a shortcut to make it so much easier: canned biscuits!
Monkey bread with biscuits works really well, and I honestly can’t tell the difference. I am all about making things easy – especially for breakfast!
Why This Recipe Works
- I already spilled the beans on the shortcut, and you are going to love how easy this is to make with prepared biscuit dough!
- The caramel sauce is made from scratch, and it’s so good. It’s also easy to make – it only takes a few minutes!
- You will love the aroma as it bakes – it’s the bonus! There is nothing better than the scent of cinnamon in the morning. It will get everyone to the breakfast table!
You will need canned biscuit dough. You can use your favorite brand, but be sure to buy three cans that are 12 ounces each. I usually use Pillsbury biscuits.
You only need four ingredients to make the caramel sauce: granulated sugar, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. Check your pantry – you probably already have them on hand!
How to Make It
Prepare the biscuits: Mix cinnamon and sugar in a large resealable bag. Cut the biscuits into quarters and drop them in the bag. Shake to coat them evenly in the cinnamon and sugar. Pile them in a prepared bundt pan.
Make the sauce: Melt the butter with the brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil it for one minute, and then pour it over the biscuit pieces in the pan.
Bake and Serve: Bake it for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F. It is done once the biscuits are baked through. Let it cool for 10 minutes before turning the it out onto a serving dish.
Make it a Complete Breakfast!
This treat goes with so many breakfast dishes! I love to pair it with something savory for a hearty and delicious breakfast.
- For special occasions, I’ll make my Spinach Frittata or Baked Omelette.
- You can’t go wrong with some Scrambled Eggs and my favorite Oven-Baked Bacon. They go great with the sweet pull-apart bread.
- Or, if you want to serve it on its own for a late morning holiday party serve some Hot Chocolate for the kiddos and some Irish Coffees for the grown-ups.
Are you ready to bake this amazing pull apart bread this weekend? Or, add it to your holiday brunch menu – trust me, it’s the best way to celebrate in the morning! No one can resist this ooey-gooey treat, and no one will guess how easy it is to make.
More Pull Apart and Monkey Bread Recipes
- Don’t have a bundt pan? No problem! Make my Caramel Pull-Aparts in a regular baking pan instead. You will love them!
- For a fall twist, make my Apple Monkey Bread. It’s loaded with cinnamon and fresh apples – so good! Plus, you can assemble it the night before to make your morning easy.
- If you love nuts, you have to try my Maple Pecan Monkey Bread. It’s a delicious combination!
- Craving cinnamon rolls but don’t want the hassle? I have an amazing Cinnamon Roll Pull-Aparts recipe you will love!
Did you try and love this recipe?! Be sure and comment below with a five-star rating so I get to hear what you think!!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuit dough 12 oz, each
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a plastic bag mix together white sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place in a plastic bag with the cinnamon sugar mixture. After all the pieces are added give the bag a vigorous shake to coat each piece in cinnamon sugar making sure they don’t clump together. Spread biscuit pieces evenly in the prepared Bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter with brown sugar of medium heat. Boil for 1 minute then remove from the stove and pour over the biscuits in the Bundt pan.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn the monkey bread out onto a plate.
Leave a Comment