This twist on an old favorite is low carb and just as delicious! We swapped the rice out for Cauliflower rice in this Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken. It’s still full of flavor and leaves you full. Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice is the perfect healthy dinner for when you are low on time!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
I know you like Chicken Fried Rice, but have you ever tried Cauliflower Fried Rice? I served it up to the family and you know what? …
They ate it! Even the kids ate it!
Look at me, sneaking in some extra veggies – gold star for Mom! That’s how good I felt!! It’s become a regular on my weekly menu plan and I love that the kids are getting extra vegetables and things are a little healthier. It kind of makes me want to do the happy dance.
Honestly I can’t believe that I haven’t shared this with you yet. We’ve been making it for a long time, but it’s not the prettiest dish to take photos of so I let that hold me back. I’m guessing you don’t care to much though!
Have you ever tried substituting cauliflower for rice? Maybe a better question is why would you? Well here’s the skinny!
- lower in carbs
- eating more vegetables
- quick and easy to make!
How do I rice the cauliflower?
There’s a couple easy ways to rice cauliflower. The first is using a food processor. Simply remove the outer leaves and slice off the florets. Pulse them in the food processor until the cauliflower resembles the texture of rice.
The second way is to simply use a box grater and grate the cauliflower. That’s an easy way to rice it also.
What if you don’t want to go thru the hassle of making the “rice”?
No problem! Most grocery stores carry pre-made cauliflower rice, just check in the prepackaged vegetable area at your grocery store or even head to the freezer section and grab some some frozen riced cauliflower so you always have it on hand!
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
Grocery list for Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- sesame oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- frozen peas and carrots frozen
- soy sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- green onions
How do you make cauliflower fried rice?
- Heat the sesame oil. Add chicken, garlic and carrots and peas.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through and carrots and peas are tender.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil and rice cauliflower and stir fry.
- Make a well in the middle of the cauliflower mixture. Turn the heat down and add the beaten eggs. Stir gently until eggs are fluffy and cooked. Stir in soy sauce.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately!
What are the benefits of cauliflower Rice?
You’ll save over 100 calories making this healthy version of Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice and you’ll save some carbs too, but the bonus is you’ll have a ton of flavor!
Because this is full of fiber it will keep you more full longer so you won’t be rifling thru the refrigerator two hours after eating dinner. Even better, right?
And as I mentioned before… you just might sneak some extra veggies and your kids won’t even notice! ?
How much rice does one head of cauliflower make?
One head will make enough for four servings.
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes to enjoy with Cauliflower Fried Rice, look no further!
Be sure to give Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice a try and let me know if you were able to sneak some extra veggies on the table too! If you like it as much as we do be sure to leave a five star rating below!
If you’re on Instagram, please tag me, I’d love to see pictures of your good eats! @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1'' pieces
- 2 c. peas and carrots frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 1 green onion minced
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil over medium low heat. Add chicken, garlic and carrots and peas. Cook until chicken is cooked through and carrots and peas are tender.
- Add the rest of the sesame oil and rice cauliflower. Stir fry. Watch this carefully so the cauliflower does not get mushy.
- Make well in the middle of the cauliflower mixture. Turn heat down and add eggs. Stir gently until eggs are fluffy and cooked. Stir in soy sauce.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately.