Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe ~ Delicious Coffee Cake Recipe Spiced with Cinnamon and Topped with a Thick Cinnamon Struesel Topping then Drizzled with Icing! Perfect Recipe for Dessert, Breakfast or Brunch!
I always feel so naughty when I eat cake for breakfast, call it coffee cake and figure it’s fine! I think you are probably a lot like me since you guys seem to adore this Crumb Cake or Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. There’s just something about indulging yourself so early in a morning that makes you feel a little bit like a rebel!
Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner I’m sharing a new coffee cake recipe with you today! This Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe is actually best if it’s a day old. The streusel melds with the cake and it’s all amazingness. So make it the night before and don’t feel guilty about that either! I’m all about making things simple. If you really want to eat it warm just pop it in the microwave a few seconds before you eat it. Deliciousness.
Let’s chat about Mother’s Day! Big plans? Are you celebrating with friends and family or having a more intimate celebration with your immediate family? I struggle with this holiday. I really do. In my head it’s a battle between it being “My” day and it being my Mom’s day! I want us both to feel special since it’s our day, but usually we just end up running around like crazy people. Like every other day!
Add in Jason’s step-mom and his Grandma and trying to get to their places and see them plus out to the cemetery to his Mom’s grave and it’s like a mad dash. Don’t get me wrong. I’m so very thankful we have all these special ladies in our lives that we get to celebrate on this day but usually I tend to let the idea of “My Day” go out the window and focus on them. My sister-in-law and I were talking about this with a few coworkers the other day and everyone seemed to have a different outlook on how they celebrated it. It was quite interesting!
So, for the time being I’m going to focus on the other ladies that make my days go round and so much easier for Mother’s Day! I know at some point my girls will hopefully do the same for me. If you need me on Mother’s Day I’ll be out and about visiting my family and making their day a tad bit more special.
One thing I promise is that I’m not making any food! That is the one part of the day I full embrace!
Let me know what you are up to for Mother’s Day this year! If you make this Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe promise me you will bring me a piece! That thick, struesel topping is the way to my heart and part of my dreams!! If you are all about the struesel you’ll be head over heels in love with this one!
You might like to try my Apple Streusel Bread, too!
- 1/2 c. butter melted over low heat
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 18.25 oz package white cake mix
- 1 eggs
- 1 c. light plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9"x13" baking dish by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- First prepare the crumb topping by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and flour. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, egg, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Crumble the cooled topping and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and cinnamon until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.