Super Crumb Cake ~ This Delicious Coffee Cake Recipe Starts with a Yellow Cake Mix and is Topped with a Thick Crumb Layer! Crumb Lovers Won’t Be Able To Stop With One Piece!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
You know what my favorite part of a coffee cake is? Def the crumb topping! So when I saw this coffee cake I knew I’d be sure to love it. Plus it starts with a boxed cake mix. So simple and fast. I know, I know some people swear against them but hey I can’t do it all in life so boxed cake mix is my friend.
A few weeks back we were blessed, no sarcasm here, with a snowstorm which resulted in work being 2 hours late. By the way I could REALLY get used to not starting work until 10 am. But I digress. On my two hour late start, which felt like I was back in school, I whipped up this coffee cake. It was a co-worker’s birthday and I try and bring treats whenever possible for these occasions. He had mentioned a long time ago that he loved a good crumb topping on his coffee cake. I knew this was the perfect treat for him!
I arrived to work through the blinding snow and drifts with a warm coffee cake. Think my boss will make this two hour late start happening again if I promise goodies? One can only hope right?
Super Crumb Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix + Cake mix ingredients
- 1 c. butter
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour cake mix batter into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until center is just barely set. Wiggle the pan and make sure it's not to jiggly!
- While the cake is baking prepare you crumb topping. Grab a big bowl and combine the butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until it is crumbly.
- Top cake with crumb topping as soon as it is removed from the oven. Put back in oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the crumb topping looks done.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 485kcal Calories from fat 162|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Craving More Breakfast Recipes?
Follow my Breakfast Recipes! Pinterest Board!
On Julie’s Eats & Treats!
Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Coffee Cake ~ Amazing Coffee Cake Topped with Cream Cheese, Apples, Crumb Topping and Cinnamon Glaze!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake ~ Delicious Coffee Cake Stuffed with Blueberries and Cream Cheese! Topped with a Crumb Topping and Glaze!
Salted Butterscotch Coffee Cake ~ Moist Butterscotch Cake with a Cinnamon Swirl and Salted Butterscotch Glaze!