Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosted Banana Donuts ~ Delicious, Easy, Moist Baked Banana Donuts Topped with Cream Cheese Frosting Loaded with Cinnamon!
Well it looks like spring has came and went. Guess where it went? Right back to winter. Sigh. As I currently look out the window there is a blanket of white covering the ground and more snow falling. The hubs checked the radar and informed me that it looks like it won’t quit for a while. I knew spring this early was way to go to be true. Yet, I still hoped and wished that it was here to stay. Do you blame me? A girl can hope right? I should know better in this instance to hope for an early spring. We’ve hardly had any snow so we are bound to get some at some point!
Since it’s still snowing I feel the need to continue to make food that I can warm up with. These banana donuts with cream cheese frosting totally hit the bill. There is nothing more comforting to me than banana bread, but sometimes you want something a little bit different than banana bread. Anyone with me here? Enter these donuts. Oh. My. Goodness. I wish I could send some through the computer screen to you. They are heavenly. Perfectly light, fluffy and moist. They taste just like banana bread and then are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting spiced with a little cinnamon. Plus they are baked and I used Truvia® Baking Blend instead of sugar so they are lightened up for you! This is a good thing because hopefully it will be summer and we can think about shorts and bathing suits instead of snow and winter!
Since I’m such a nice person I even shared these donuts with our family. The hub’s siblings were over getting ready for his Dad’s surprise birthday party in our shop and I kept stuffing them full of food because when I have a captive audience I take advantage of it! These donuts were by far the hit of the day. My niece kept trying to sneak more of them which we giggled at and Miss K kept giving her uncle Cory the evil eye when he would take her other half of her donut. You guys have GOT TO MAKE THESE!
More great donut recipes!
Cinnamon Frosted Cream Cheese Banana Donuts
- 1/4 c. Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat together Truvia Baking Blend, egg, bananas, vanilla and melted butter until well combined in medium bowl.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon batter into gallon ziplock bag. Cut the corner off bag off and pipe batter into donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for five minutes. Remove donuts from pan to wire rack and let completely cool.
- While donuts are cooling prepare frosting.
- For frosting cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until combined. Mix in cinnamon. Spread over donuts.
Things You Might Need to Make this Recipe!
Craving More Donuts?
Baked Samoa Donuts ~ Buttery Donuts Dipped in Chocolate and Covered in Caramel and Coconut!
Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts ~ Light, Fluffy Donuts Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and Topped with a Vanilla Drizzle!
“Baked” Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts ~ Easy donuts made with a Red Velvet Cake Mix and topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconut!