Looking for a quick and easy recipe you can make in your Air Fryer? These easy Air Fryer Donuts are just that! They only take a few minutes to fry, roll them in butter then delicious cinnamon sugar mixture and then serve them for breakfast or a quick and easy snack or treat. When you are craving homemade doughnuts and are short on time take these biscuits, toss them in your air fryer and enjoy a warm flaky donut in minutes!
Freshly baked homemade donuts without the grease, fuss or muss! Am I your hero today? Oh yeah!!! I know you love donuts and there are several on the blog – Cinnamon Frosted Cream Cheese Banana Donuts, Drizzled Snickerdoodle Donuts (these are seriously over-the-top!) and baked Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts so decadent.
But you know what makes these even better?
We’re going to use the air fryer to make delicious donuts quickly and easily – no grease, no mess and you will love them!
We also love making Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan for the same reason! No grease and it’s still crispy on the outside!
Why this recipe works!
- It uses biscuits to make the donut so they are a quick and easy treat. Do they taste exactly like donuts? No, but they are still epically delicious so don’t raise your nose at them!
- Start to finish in 15 minutes makes it the perfect treat for breakfast, dessert or a snack.
- Did we mention you only need four ingredients? Super easy to have stocked in your kitchen whenever you get a craving!
- Flaky jumbo biscuits – We used Pillsbury Grands donuts.
- Granulated Sugar
- Olive or coconut oil spray – Do not use non-stick spray like Pam when spraying the inside of your Air Fryer because it can damage the coating on the basket!
Steps to Prepare Air Fryer Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar – In a shallow bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Prep Biscuits – Open the can and separate the biscuits and lay them out on a flat surface. Using a small biscuit cutter cut holes out of the center of each biscuit. Save the center to make donut holes!
- Air Fry – Spray the fryer basket with coconut oil spray. Place the donuts in a single layer in the air fryer basket, care to make sure they do not touch! Bake at 360 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Coating – While they are baking, melt the butter. As soon as they are done, remove the donuts, dip in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve immediately.
- An Air Fryer (of course!)
- These Biscuit Cutters are perfect to cut out the holes.
- No biscuit cutter? A bottle cap or even a shot glass will work in a pinch!
- If you don’t have a biscuit cutter use a shot glass or even a bottle cap will work in a pinch. You just need something small and round!
- Don’t throw away the “holes” of the biscuits. After you make the donuts throw those in the air fryer for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Dip in butter then in the cinnamon sugar and enjoy those too!
- Make a chocolate glaze and skip the cinnamon sugar. Simply grab a saucepan and heat 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp light corn syrup, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until melted and combined. Dip the donuts in the glaze or use a knife to frost them.
- These donuts are best enjoyed fresh. If you have leftovers store them in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. Pop them in the microwave or air fryer for a few seconds to warm them up and enjoy!
Full disclosure, these aren’t going to take exactly like your favorite donut shop, but for a quick and easy snack, these are a wonderful treat for an easy breakfast or a quick snack. Kids big and small will love them!
More delicious breakfast recipes!
- The perfectly tender and delicious Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips! Great for grab and go breakfasts all week!
- Grab your biscuits and make Caramel Pull Aparts for another easy shortcut recipe for breakfast!
- Love that delicious cinnamon sugar topping? Then try Cinnamon Twists with a powdered sugar icing that are made out of pizza dough!
- Flaky crescent rolls filled with cinnamon and topped with powdered sugar icing make Cinnamon Crescent Rolls finger lickin’ good!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 16 oz refrigerated flaky jumbo biscuits
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- olive or coconut oil spray
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can, separate them and place them on a flat surface. Use a 1-inch round biscuit cutter (or similarly-sized bottle cap) to cut holes out of the center of each biscuit.
- Lightly coat air fryer basket with olive or coconut oil spray. Do not use non-stick spray like Pam because it can damage the coating on the basket.
- Place 4 donuts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching.
- Air Fry at 360 degrees F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove donuts from Air Fryer, dip in melted butter then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve immediately.