Cinnamon White Chocolate Puff Corn ~ Perfectly Sweet & Salty, Melt in Your Mouth Puff Corn Covered in a Cinnamon White Chocolate!
Why is it that some things I only make at Christmas time? I mean snack mixes really should be made all year long including this magical Cinnamon White Chocolate Puff Corn, but yet in my mind they get stuck in the wonderful world of Christmas and holidays.
It all started with this White Chocolate Puff Corn recipe that my wonderful coworker raved about one day after she made it the past weekend the it was gone in seconds. Obviously with a track record like that I had to try it to see for myself if it was just that life changing.
I’m report it was. Seriously. Life Altering. Not lying. Not exaggerating. If you read the post when I shared the recipe my in-laws literally came streaming out of the kitchen last Christmas with their mouths gaping open in awe. I do not blame this for this reaction. In fact I should tell you that this is what will happen to you also. Be prepared.
Since it was just that amazing I then had to come up with a new twist on it for this year because as a food blogger, well that’s how my brain works. I love the fact this twist on it has a hint of cinnamon for the Christmas parties. It’s not strong and in your face but a nice subtle flavor. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Since the holiday parties are right around the corner and well you could totally make this for a post Thanksgiving day feast snack I’m sharing it with you today. You need to try it. It’s not a question. Plus if you are going to the in-laws and want to impress them with your skills it’s a total winner!
This is what Puffcorn is for all of you that have never heard of it!
Cinnamon White Chocolate Puff Corn
- 1 square white almond bark
- 1 Tbsp butter flavored shortening
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 .10 oz package Cinnamon Frosting Creations by Duncan Hines
- 1 7 oz bag puff corn
- Put puff corn in a large bowl
- Melt white almond bark and shortening in double boiler. Add white chocolate chips and melt, stirring occasionally. Mix in Cinnamon Frosting Creations packet. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the puff corn. Mix until it is completely covered or put the cover on the bowl and shake it!
- Put puff corn on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles. Leave on the wax paper until set. Store in airtight container.
Looking for more snacks?