Melt in your mouth White Chocolate Puffcorn is a holiday favorite sweet treat! With only three ingredients it only takes 10 minutes to make plus cooling time. It’s a quick and easy sweet and salty treat to make anytime.
If you need a last-minute easy snack recipe, this white chocolate puffcorn is the answer! It’s sweet, a little salty and whenever I make it our whole family goes nuts for it. They call it the “puffcorn crack recipe” because it’s so good!
I’ve been making puffcorn snacks forever – caramel puffcorn is another favorite! This version is seriously easy with just four ingredients, and one of them is optional.
The Best White Chocolate Puffcorn
- I’ve tweaked my recipe over the years until I’ve landed on the best recipe! It’s easy, it’s delicious, and everyone loves it.
- You only need four ingredients, but the sprinkles are optional. Well, they’re not optional at our house, but feel free to leave them out!
- I’m showing you how to get really smooth and pourable melted white chocolate so you get the perfect coating for your puffcorn.
- Plain puffcorn – look for bags of it in the snack aisle.
- White almond bark – you only need 1 square, and it makes a big difference!
- White chocolate chips
- Sprinkles – choose your favorite!
How to Melt the Chocolate
I like to melt the chocolate using a double boiler, which is just a fancy way to say “on the stove with a saucepan and bowl.” All you do is fill a saucepan with a couple of inches of water and bring it to a simmer. You can buy a double boiler or use a pot and a bowl to create one of your own!
Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan. The water shouldn’t touch the bottom of the bowl, so if there’s too much, drain some off.
Place the almond bark in the bowl. The heat from the simmering water will melt it. Stir it around until it’s completely melted. You need to melt this separately was the almond bark and chocolate chips melt at different rates. If you don’t do this you’ll end up with a mess.
Add the white chocolate chips and stir them as they melt. Mixing them with the almond bark will make them smoother once melted and easier to pour over the puffcorn.
Coat the Puffcorn
Pour the puffcorn into a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted chocolate over the top. You can stir to coat the puffcorn or, if you have a lid that fits, cover the bowl and shake to coat it evenly. Shaking it is the easiest way to do it fast.
Spread the coated puffcorn onto wax paper. While the coating is still wet, add the sprinkles. Let it sit until the coating has hardened, and then store it in an airtight container.
Make it Any Time of Year!
We love to make it for Christmas, but you can make this any time of year! I’ve made it for football parties, birthdays, Valentine’s day… just switch up the sprinkles and use ones that match the occasion!
I like to use plain – it works better with the white chocolate. So, double check when you buy yours because there are flavored ones.
White chocolate has a high sugar content and can scorch, which is why I prefer the double-boiler. But, you can use the microwave, but just melt it slowly in 30-second increments. Stop to stir between each and be careful not to scorch the chocolate. Make sure you melt the almond bark separately because they melt at different rates and you’ll scorch the white chocolate if you melt them together.
If you keep it in an airtight container it will keep for up to a week.
A reader commented that she used dark chocolate and it was great! If you try switching the chocolate let me know how it worked.
Once you know how to make white chocolate puffcorn, you’ll want to make it for all of your friends and family! It’s great for gifting or for parties. No one can have just one handful – it’s just too good!
More Easy Snack Ideas
- Who loves Chex Mix? My recipe is loaded with Cheerios, pretzels, peanuts, and Chex cereal. Plus, you can make it in your slow cooker!
- Microwave Caramel Corn is the easiest way to make a sweet and salty treat!
- Ranch Pretzels are a must-make for parties. It’s a simple recipe that everyone will love.
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously, though, a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy dish!!
- 9 oz bag puff corn
- 1 square white almond bark
- 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- Put the puff corn in a large bowl.
- Melt the square of white almond bark in double boiler. You can use the microwave if you don't have a double boiler.
- Add white chocolate chips to double boiler and melt, stirring occasionally.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the puff corn. Stir until completely covered or put the lid on the bowl and shake like I did.
- Put the puff corn mixture on wax paper. Sprinkle with the sprinkles. Let sit out until the white chocolate has hardened. Store in air tight container.