Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki ~ Super easy slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe served over rice! Throw it in your Crock Pot and Dinner is done!
Does your family always agree on what to have for a meal? Or do you end up feeling like a short order cook?
I’m asking because I’ve been having a conversation with a great friend of mine and her and her husband can not agree on food. Sounds like something that isn’t really major right? When I actually think about it though this becomes a HUGE problem or it would in my life. I can’t imagine my husband not wanting to eat what I make for a meal. Given the fact that sometimes he might turn up his nose if I make him try something “weird”. AKA out of his comfort zone and yes sometimes I just don’t tell him what’s in a dish until after he’s ate it! Surprising him like this is always entertaining.
During this conversation I had to ask her if she made a separate meal for him or what they did. He ends up eating at his mom’s house before he comes home from the farm. She makes her own supper and everything is just peachy. That is it was…until they decided to move and they will be on their own farm and he won’t be at his mom’s during work hours, which means he won’t be eating at mom’s which means what on earth is she going to do? I’m completely stressed over this. She seems not to be and as she reads this I’m sure she’s laughing at me.
The other week I did take pity on that poor husband of mine because I was sticking olives in something and I think I literally heard him gasp at the sight of them. I, on the other hand, eat olives straight out of the jar although I definitely prefer green over black. As I was altering his half of the recipe I thought, “This is for the birds.” There was no way this was becoming a habit!
So I end up usually making something we can agree on and I stretch his tiny little box of meat and potatoes and much as I can. There is nothing wrong with meat and potatoes and I love them dearly but sometimes I want some flavor in my food! Not that they don’t have flavor….you get what I mean right?!
Tips for Making Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki!
- Chicken Thighs or Breasts ~ You can use chicken thighs or boneless, skinless chicken breasts! The chicken thighs will be more moist where the chicken breasts have a tendency to overcook and dry out easier, so just watch cooking time. Also, keep them whole if you plan on cooking it longer, if you want a quicker cooking time cut them up!
- Instant Pot Friendly ~ I also have made this in my Instant Pot. Place chicken on the bottom of Instant Pot. Pour teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Cook on meat setting for 10 minutes. Remove chicken, shred. While you are shredding chicken add cornstarch to teriyaki sauce in Instant Pot. Turn on Saute and whisk until thickened. Place chicken back in the Instant Pot and serve over rice.
- Rice & Noodles ~ Serve over rice or pasta to finish it off!
More Crock Pot Dinner Ideas!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Light Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken & Rice Bowls
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 lb chicken sliced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 c. brown sugar packed
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 c. cooked rice
- Place chicken in bottom of crock pot then in separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients except cornstarch. Pour over chicken in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through remove crock-pot cover, stir corn starch into chicken and sauce until combined. Let cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
Place chicken on the bottom of Instant Pot. Pour teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Cook on meat setting for 10 minutes. Remove chicken, shred. While you are shredding chicken add cornstarch to teriyaki sauce in Instant Pot. Turn on Saute and whisk until thickened. Place chicken back in the Instant Pot and serve over rice.
Leave a Comment