It’s another Saturday and I just got done with work. After a quick stop at the grocery store to grab some stuff for throwing together a supper tonight I’m relaxing on the couch, watching Gossip Girl and writing a blog posting. I have every intention of making a “good” supper that isn’t out of the box tonight also. Sometimes life just gets going and night after night we are eating some “pre-fab” meal so sometimes I try to get out of that rut! I’ve been spoiling you with yummy treats lately in my postings so I thought I should probably add a “main dish” in here sometime. My hubby liked this one to and he’s usually the true test. Speaking of my hubby he is out fishing with his brother in a tournament. I was putting the groceries away and I noticed that our beer stash is missing…so I’m not sure if they are actually catching many fishing…but I think they are having fun! As for this recipe I’m going to share with you tonight it’s another crock pot recipe that seems to be my favorite! And it’s supper simple. My one word of advice is don’t cook your chicken to long because it will dry out and no one wants that!
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 C Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 C Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- hot cooked spaghetti optional
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small shallow bowl, beat egg until foamy.
- In separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Salt and Pepper. Dip chicken into egg, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture; place in crock pot. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top. Spread pasta sauce evenly over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 5-6 hours.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend over top. Cover; cook on low 10 more minutes or until melted.
- If desired prepare spaghetti and serve with chicken over the cooked spaghetti.