Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan is a quick and easy take on traditional Chicken Parmesan! Tender, juicy chicken breasts that are seasoned with Italian Breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Then they are cooked in your slow cooker with Mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce. Serve these over spaghetti noodles for a quick and easy dinner recipe!
One thing I love to do is take classic recipes and figure out ways to make them super easy like this Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan. Complicated cooking is so not my thing! So, of course, I had to come up with ways to make it easier. Did you see my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan recipe? That one is super quick, but I know not everyone has an air fryer, but I bet you have a crock pot!
I love trying out new gadgets in the kitchen, but I am still completely devoted to my crock pot. It never fails me! I just love that I can prep dinner like this Chicken Parmesan and then let it simmer all day so when it’s time for dinner everything is pretty much ready to go.
Serve it with spaghetti and some Olive Garden Breadsticks on the side – I know you’re family will love it!
What do I need it?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Shredded Italian cheese blend
How do I make Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan?
- Bread the chicken – Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg and then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken in the crock pot. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken and spoon the sauce over the top of the cheese.
- Cook – Set the crock pot to low and cook the chicken for 5 to 6 hours. Sprinkle the Italian cheese blend over the top and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta – While the chicken finishes cooking, boil the spaghetti following the package instructions. Drain the pasta.
- Serve – Pile the spaghetti on the plates, top with Chicken Parmesan.
Can you put raw chicken in slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook raw chicken in the slow cooker. Slow cookers, whether they are set to cook on “high” or “low”, reach a high enough temperature to kill any bacteria so it is safe to cook raw chicken.
The key to cooking chicken is to cook it to a temperature of 165 degrees F, so if you are in doubt you can always use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of your chicken once it’s done cooking. There are so many different slow cooker and crock pot models it’s always a good idea to check your manufacturer guide for more information, too!
Can you put frozen chicken in crock pot?
You can cook frozen chicken in your slow cooker, too! Frozen chicken will take longer to cook – usually about 50% longer than it takes to cook fresh chicken. For this recipe, I always use fresh chicken since you have to bread it first. I have not used frozen chicken before and I’m not sure how it would even work.
Can you cook pasta in a crock pot?
You can cook pasta in the crock pot. I’ve done it before like my Crock Pot Spaghetti and Crock Pot Mac & Cheese. When you cook pasta in the slow cooker you need to have the right amount of liquid for it to cook properly. For this Chicken Parmesan recipe, I cook the pasta separately because you don’t want the breaded chicken submerged in a bunch of liquid with the pasta.
This Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan is such a great dinner! Quick and easy, family-friendly and so comforting – I hope you add it to your dinner rotation. I think you’re going to love it! Looking for more easy crock pot recipes? I’ve got so many other great recipes for you to try!
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes!
If you are like me you love simple Crock Pot meals to get you through the night. Here are a few of my favorite dinners that are family approved!
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef and Noodle Soup
- Crock Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 C Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 C Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 8 oz dry spaghetti
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small shallow bowl, beat egg until foamy.
- In separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Salt and Pepper. Dip chicken into egg, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture; place in crock pot. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top. Spread pasta sauce evenly over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 5-6 hours.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend over top. Cover; cook on low 10 more minutes or until melted.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and serve with Chicken Parmesan.
- You can cook raw chicken in the slow cooker. The key to cooking chicken is to cook it to a temperature of 165 degrees F, so if you are in doubt you can always use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of your chicken once it's done cooking.
- You can cook frozen chicken in your slow cooker, too! Frozen chicken will take longer to cook - usually about 50% longer than it takes to cook fresh chicken.