This easy homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is a copycat recipe that is full of taco seasoned ground beef, cheese, tomatoes and more! It’s crispy on the outside and packed with flavor on the inside. This makes an easy dinner recipe that will have you skipping the drive-thru and making it at home!
We’re making homemade fast food today! No trip through the drive-through required for this amazing crunchwrap supreme recipe!
Have you had one before? Not gonna lie, we like to get a crunchwrap from Taco Bell from time to time, but then I realized I could totally make this taco wrap at home. There’s nothing complicated about it, and it’s similar to making regular tacos with ground beef. But more fun!
Crunchwrap supremes are perfect hand-held wraps that your family is going to love! Add some chips and salsa, and you might not go through the drive-through again!
What’s in a Crunchwrap Supreme?
- Seasoned ground beef made with minced onions, minced garlic, taco seasoning, and water.
- Other fillings like nacho cheese sauce, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and grated cheese.
- The wrap is made with burrito-sized flour tortillas and crunchy tostadas.
One advantage of making your own crunchwrap is that you can adapt it to your tastes and add or take out fillings to make your perfect version! This is how we like it, and it’s similar to what you get when you buy one.
How to Make It
First, brown the beef in a large skillet with the onion and garlic. Add the taco seasoning and water and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
Now for the fun part – the assembly! The first thing you need to do is warm up the flour tortillas, so they are easier to work with.
Next, take a tortilla and place a tostada in the center. Using a paring knife, cut around the tostada. Set the small tortilla cut-out and the tostada aside. You’ll use them again in a minute.
Repeat this process with the other tortillas. You will only be using the small cut-out tortillas and the tostadas.
To assemble the wraps, pile some of the cooked beef in the center of a tortilla. Spoon some cheese sauce over the top of the beef.
Place a tostada on top of the beef and cheese. Spread some sour cream on top, and then pile some lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese on top.
Take a small tortilla that you cut out and place it on top. It should cover the toppings.
Pull the edges of the large tortilla up, so they wrap around the smaller one, sealing in the filling.
Place the wrap seam-side down in a preheated skillet. Cook it on one side over medium heat until it’s golden brown. Flip it over and cook it on the other side until browned.
Wrapping Tip: If you don’t want the extra tortillas with the piece cut out, you can use one large tortilla to cut small pieces to use in each wrap. See the notes in the recipe card for details!
Cooking Tip: If you want to keep the finished wraps warm while you cook the rest, just place them on a sheet pan in a warm oven.
Storage Tips: If you have leftovers, they will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. They won’t be as crispy on the outside when you warm them up, but they will be delicious!
You will be the dinnertime hero when you make these homemade crunchwrap supremes for your family! They are seriously the best way to cure a fast food craving. Give them a try this week!
More Copycat Recipes
- Make homemade chow mein the next time you get a craving. It tastes just like the famous fast food version!
- Zuppa Toscana is a popular Olive Garden soup you can make at home in your crockpot.
- You don’t need to wait for a table at Texas Roadhouse when you get a craving for their soft rolls. You can make copycat dinner rolls at home – don’t forget the cinnamon butter to go with them!
Love this recipe? Be sure and comment below and leave a 5-star rating! I know you’ll love this delicious recipe as much as we do!
If you snap some photos, be sure to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way, I’m sure to see your delicious dish!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ c. onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning or 1 packet
- ¼ c. water
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas **see notes
- 6 tostada shells
- ½ c. Nacho cheese sauce
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. tomatoes diced
- 2 c. Mexican cheese blend grated
- Pico de gallo
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain off grease.
- Add garlic, taco seasoning and water to skillet with ground beef and cook for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften and make folding easier.
- Then heat nacho cheese sauce according to directions on jar.
- Lay 1 tostada in the center of a flour tortilla and cut out circle. (**see notes) Repeat with 5 more tortillas, set aside.
- To make the wraps lay a flour tortilla down then add taco meat, then nacho cheese to the soft shell.
- Top it with tostada, then cover with a layer of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese.
- Then top with small flour tortilla that you cut out. Then fold up the edges towards the middle to seal.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium.
- Place wrap seam side down and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the wrap over and continue cooking until golden brown on the opposite side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.