Step by Step Directions How to Make Mexican Lasagna! This delicious homemade lasagna has a Mexican flair you will love! Take your lasagna up a notch on pasta night with this Easy Homemade Mexican Lasagna Recipe – layers of lasagna noodles, taco meat and cheese! Your family will love this for quick and easy Tex Mix Dinner recipe that plays on your traditional taco flavors in a lasagna. Surprise them with the blog taste of this fun dinner recipe tonight!
Mexican Lasagna Recipe say what? I know, I know this is not your Momma’s Lasagna that’s for sure. But hey I was in for something different and fun and figured this was to out there.
Good thing I tried because I loved it. Like as in adore, love, want to stick my face in the pan kind of love. I refrained. Since I refrained that left the hubs and I with a ton of leftovers because it was the one night my little brother didn’t stop by for supper. This resulted in me texting him, packing up a plate to go and handing it off to him as he zoomed in and out of our house. That’s service.
Someone also told me this resulted in said little bro spilling lasagna on the corner of an offer little bro was writing up for a customer on a house. Impressive. Oh well at least he got fed!
Now don’t mind me as I sit here and wish that I had brought leftover lasagna to work today instead of my current lunch….
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
This is the perfect family casserole. Leftovers are better on day two and this lasagna freezes fabulous too! What is not to love right? This casserole is totally where it’s at!
What to serve with Mexican Lasagna Recipe
To get the party started serve up some homemade guacamole and pico de Gallo with some chips – always a tasty before dinner snack! Then pair the lasagna with a great Caesar Salad and bread sticks and for dessert finish off your meal with a great Apple Crisp.
Talk about the perfect comfort meal, right? So much great flavor and deliciousness, my mouth is watering just thinking about this great meal!
Shopping list for Mexican Lasagna
- lasagna noodles
- ground beef
- pasta sauce
- ricotta cheese
- shredded Mexican cheese
- taco seasoning, cumin
What is the best dish to make lasagna in?
Every kitchen needs a great lasagna pan. It needs to be tall enough to handle layers of pasta without spilling over the side and oozing onto the bottom of the oven.
- Tall – Look for a pan that is at least 3 1/2 to 4 inches tall
- Length – at least 12 inches long
- Wide – 8-9 inches wide means you can have 3 noodles on each layer
Might sound silly but I will do anything not to have the casserole dish bubble over into the oven! This lasagna is just too good to have anything go overboard!
How to make Mexican Lasagna
- Preheat the oven.
- Spray the casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook ground beef, drain the grease.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning, simmer until the water is completely absorbed.
- Next add pasta sauce and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, stir in ricotta cheese, cumin and half of the shredded cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in the baking dish.
- Top with 3 of your lasagna noodles laying side by side. Top noodles with a 1/3 of ricotta mixture, spread over noodles. Top ricotta mixture with a 1/3 of the sauce mixture and then sprinkle with a 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layering twice.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand and cool for 15 minutes before serving
If you love this meal here are more delicious Mexican Casseroles to try and love!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THE MEXICAN LASAGNA BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3/4 c. water
- 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 c. shredded Mexican cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain off grease. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Continue to simmer until water is absorbed. Add pasta sauce and stir until mixed.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs. Stir in ricotta cheese, cumin and 2 c. of Mexican cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce in 13x9 dish. Top with 3 of your lasagna noodles laying side by side. Top noodles with a 1/3 of ricotta mixture, spread over noodles. Top ricotta mixture with a 1/3 of the sauce mixture and then sprinkle with a 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat two more times.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let sand and cool for 15 minutes before serving.