Easy Cheese Ravioli Lasagna ~ This Easy Ravioli Lasagna is an Easy Dinner Recipe that is Hearty, Comforting, and Filled with Cheese and Sausage!
If you guys are looking for some easy comfort food this Easy Cheese Ravioli Lasagna is the dish for you!! I have been in the need of a lot of easy recipes lately so this has been on the menu quite a bit. It’s extra cheesy (thanks to all that cheese ravioli), it’s easy to put together (again thanks to using the ravioli), and it’s full of traditional lasagna flavor.
To start off this pasta dish you will need to brown some Italian sausage along with some onion and garlic. Then stir in the pasta sauce along with some extra spices. Now it’s assembly time and it’s way easier than traditional lasagna!! I used a larger ravioli but the smaller normal sized ravioli works best for this. (It’s just what I had on hand)
Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 25 more minutes. This is great served with any simple side salad, steamed vegetable, and of course breadsticks.
Ingredients Need for Easy Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
- Italian sasauge
- Pasta sauce
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Dried basil
- Red pepper flakes
- Frozen cheese ravioli
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
About this Easy Cheese Ravioli Lasagna:
- There are many ways you can change this recipe up to customize it. You can stir in some spinach or kale with the meat sauce. Try a different ravioli like a spinach and cheese ravioli. Use any flavor of tomato sauce you like. Also, feel free to use chicken sausage if you prefer. You can also use refrigerated ravioli (just try to use roughly the same amount).
- Make ahead option: Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil. Allow extra foil to hang over the edges. Prepare recipe as directed and don’t bake. Freeze unbaked lasagna until firm. Using edges of the foil lift frozen lasagna out of baking pan and fold over lasagna. Wrap in extra foil as needed then freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove foil from frozen lasagna and place in a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan. Cover and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. May need to bake a little longer to heat through.
If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe this Easy Ravioli Lasagna is perfect!
Three Cheese Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 24 ounce jars pasta sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- pinch- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 25-30 ounces regular sized frozen cheese ravioli thawed slightly
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish, set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the Italian sausage and garlic until no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the ravioli, 1 1/2 cups sauce, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining ravioli, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heat through and bubbly.
- Make ahead option: Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Allow extra foil to hang over the edges. Prepare recipe as directed and don't bake. Freeze unbaked lasagna until firm. Using edges of the foil lift frozen lasagna out of baking pan and fold over lasagna. Wrap in extra foil as needed then freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove foil from frozen lasagna and place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. May need to bake a little longer to heat through.
- Can also substitute in refrigerated ravioli. Just use roughly the same amount.