Graham Cracker Crust
Learn how to make the perfect Graham Cracker Crust! We tested this recipe over and over again so you will be able to make the most delicious graham cracker crust recipe for all of your desserts. It’s easy, delicious, thick and so buttery.
There’s nothing more frustrating than cutting into a pie or a cheesecake and having the crust completely fall apart. That’s why I was determined to find the key to make a delicious graham cracker crust that would actually hold together. This recipe is the BEST!
You can use homemade graham cracker crust in tons of different recipes. Add a can of pie filling for a really easy pie, or make a pudding pie from a box mix of pudding!
This is also great to use in place of vanilla water crust in recipes like no bake key lime pie cheesecake and lemon meringue cheesecake.
Skip the stale store-bought crust and make this easy graham cracker crust! You’ll love how sturdy it is…and the taste is even more amazing!
Why You’ll Love this Graham Cracker Crust
- It only takes 20 minutes to complete this crust recipe. So easy and so quick!
- Since this crust is plain, it is very versatile and can be used as the base for numerous different recipes.
- You only need three ingredients to make this really easy recipe! A very affordable and simple way to make the perfect homemade crust.
Ingredients for Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs – Sometimes you can find pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store. But if not, you can easily make your own in a food processor.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar makes this crust extra tasty. The caramely flavor of brown sugar is so tasty with graham crackers.
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter, either will work just fine! After you melt the butter, let it cool before you mix it with the other ingredients.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit so that it is ready to bake the crust once assembled.
Place graham cracker into the food processor and pulse until they become a fine crumb. If you don’t have a food processor, you can put the graham crackers in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin or heavy object until fully crushed.
Pour graham cracker crumbs into a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter and brown sugar.
Mix the ingredients together with a fork until thoroughly combined.
Place the graham cracker mixture into a pie dish. Then, use a flat bottomed cup or your hands to press it into the dish, about 1 ½ inches up the sides.
Bake the crust in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, then use as needed!
How to Store Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
You can make this easy crust ahead of time to save time when you make pie or cheesecake! Just store it in the fridge or freezer.
FRIDGE: Store crust, covered, in the fridge for 1-2 days.
FREEZER: Make the crust, but don’t bake it. Then cover in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months! When you’re ready to use it, allow it thaw and bake.
Can I use flavored graham crackers?
Flavored graham crackers are a really easy way to make multiple different flavors of crust that will pair well with the filling you’ve chosen! So, yes you can use flavored graham crackers. Chocolate, cinnamon, and any other flavor you want!
Does graham cracker crust need to be baked?
For this specific recipe, yes the crust needs to be baked. It helps create structure for the crust which keeps it from falling apart. There are no-bake graham cracker crust recipes out there, but many of them tend to fall apart which is exactly what I didn’t want this crust to do!
- Make multiple crusts at one time and throw one in the freezer so you always have one ready to go whenever you have a craving for pie or cheesecake!
- When you press the mixture into the pie dish, make sure it is an even layer all the way across. You don’t want really thin or thick parts of uneven crust.
- Don’t over-bake your crust! 10 minutes is perfect.
This easy graham cracker crust recipe is a baking staple! You’ll find that you make this crust for every pie and cheesecake you make, even if the recipe calls for a different type of crust.
More Baking Recipes You’ll Love
- Do you have leftover graham crackers from this recipe that you need to use? Check out these delicious S’mores Bars and make a s’more without the need of a campfire.
- More uses for graham crackers! These No Bake S’mores Trifles are so yummy and easy to make. Such a fun dessert recipe!
- You can make this homemade graham cracker crust as a base for this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. It would be just as good as the nilla wafer crust!
- Change things up and make an Oreo crust in this crazy good Buster Bar Dessert!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar with a fork until well combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and 1 ½ inches up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place the graham cracker crust in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
Leave a Comment