This delicious cold pasta salad recipe is full of flavor from bell pepper, cucumber, lemon, and dill! Top this Greek Pasta Salad with a creamy yogurt dressing and it’s going to be your new favorite pasta salad for BBQ’s, potlucks and parties!
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
In the movie As Good As It Gets Jack Nicholson said it best: “Good times, noodle salad”. The words ring true because the two really do go hand in hand, don’t they? A big bowl of pasta salad shared at a potluck, BBQ, picnic, pool party, or any other get-together involving friends, fun, and sunshine is a wonderful thing. I mean, the happiness is mixed right in.
This Greek Pasta Salad is total happiness in a bowl for your taste buds! I love the amazing flavors from bell peppers, lemon, dill and cucumbers plus that creamy yogurt dressing is the perfect finishing touch.
It’s always the first thing I dive into at any gathering, piling it high on my plate without a care that I should take only my fair share. My fair share just happens to be a lot more than conventional wisdom would advise. I just can’t help myself and so it was with that in mind that I am sharing a Greek pasta salad with you all that feeds a crowd. There’s always someone like me in the group that gets greedy with the pasta salad so this recipe makes enough for the pasta salad hoarder and everyone else.
But, before we dive into ingredients, let’s cover two important pasta-salad-making best practices:
Tips to make a great cold pasta salad
Almost eight years ago I learned an important tip from the Food Network:
- After boiling the pasta, drain it well, drizzle it with olive oil and spread it out on a sheet pan.
- Stick it in the refrigerator to chill.
- This keeps the dressing from breaking down once you mix it with the pasta.
- Mixing dressing with cold pasta keeps everything creamy instead of runny. Runny is not good.
Steps to make Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Prep all the ingredients ahead of time, but keep them separate until it’s time to serve
- Dice the veggies
- Mix the dressing
- Chill the pasta
- When it’s time to eat, mix everything together and serve
Not only does this keep this cold pasta salad recipe fresh, it gives the dressing time to develop its flavor!
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
This Greek pasta salad recipe has a yogurt-based dressing (along with some mayo for richness) with fresh dill, parsley, chives, and a squeeze of lemon. Crisp red bell pepper and cucumber are mixed in along with plenty of crumbled feta cheese. It’s creamy, light, and guaranteed to disappear at your next back-yard get-together.
A quick tip if you are bringing this somewhere it will sit out a long time is to substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt so it will be safe to eat at room temperature for a longer period of time!
Shopping list for Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Fusilli pasta
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh chives
- Red bell pepper
Greek Pasta Salad is the easiest cold pasta salad recipe ever with such amazing flavor! If you are tired of the same old boring pasta salad make sure to whip up this Greek Pasta Salad next.
If you love this salad, you’ll definitely want to try this Greek Salad Recipe!
Watch below to see me make this salad!
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise see note
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain it well, toss it with the olive oil, and spread it in an even layer on a baking sheet. Chill the pasta in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, parsley, chives and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to all the flavors to develop.
- When ready to serve, mix the pasta, dressing, cucumber, bell pepper, and feta cheese together in a large bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.