Pepperoni Cold Pasta Salad recipe is an easy cold pasta salad with Italian dressing, pepperoni, 2 cheeses, and fresh vegetables. Cold Pasta Salad with Pepperoni is perfect for a large crowd, potlucks, and summer BBQ’s!
Cold Pasta Salads are my go-to dish for potlucks because it seems like everyone loves them and you can make them ahead of time! A few of them include this easy Greek Pasta Salad or the traditional Macaroni Salad that seems to be a hit with young and old!
The BEST Cold Pasta Salad!
This happens to be one of my favorite cold pasta salads! I remember it was always at every picnic, BBQ, potluck (basically at every function) and it was always one of the firsts to go! As a kid, I would pick out the peppers and onions but I love it all now! In fact, I usually add more peppers and onions to my plate. Pepperoni pasta salad is basically summer on a plate!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad
This pasta salad with pepperoni is pretty easy to put together. I know the ingredient list seems a little long for a salad but trust me, it’s nothing hard. I chop my veggies while the pasta is cooking and I am always done before the pasta is. I’m also using a store bought Italian salad dressing to keep things simple. Just use your favorite brand 🙂 .
And speaking of keeping things simple I have been on a quest to find simple activities to keep my kiddos sane this summer. It has been so hot this summer and they have very limited time outside before the temperature soars to the upper 90s. So far I have exhausted everything I’ve came up with and I need all the ideas so please feel free to let me know of any simple kid activities you have tried or came across!
They don’t get very excited when I bring out the crayons, play-doh or ask them to clean up anymore! I’m not sure they ever get excited about that last one!
Tips for making Cold Pasta Salad with Pepperoni!
- Pepperoni pasta salad tastes best when it is made in advance. I like to make it a day in advance. Leftovers store well and will last for 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
- If you have some leftover rotisserie chicken it goes great in this salad!
- I like to use fresh mozzarella pearls (mostly because I’m lazy and it’s one last thing I have to chop) but feel free to cube regular mozzarella to use instead.
- If you can’t stand the thought of the pepperoncini in this salad feel free to leave them out. I happen to love adding them to salads and it goes really well with this salad!
- Use any short type of pasta that you like or have on hand. Macaroni, penne, bow tie, and fusilli are all great choices.
- Don’t overcook your pasta because it will become a mushy pasta salad due to the acids from the dressing breaking down the starches further.
- Be sure to rinse the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking and cool the pasta down. Don’t toss the hot pasta in with the other ingredients or it will melt the cheese.
- Toss the pasta in Olive Oil after rinsing to prevent the pasta from soaking up the dressing if you prepare it a day before.
So if you are in need of a pasta salad that is FULL of flavor, easy to make, and feeds a crowd this Cold Pasta Salad with Pepperoni is what you need!! Trust me your people will not be disappointed!
More Cold Pasta Salad Recipes!
- Bruschetta Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cashew Chicken Rotini Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- The BEST Creamy Pasta Salad
What goes with Cold Pasta Salad?
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
- Garlic Baked Pork Chops
- BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Cheesy Meatloaf
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS PEPPERONI COLD PASTA SALAD RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 1 pound small pasta (any shape such as fusilli, penne, macaroni, bow tie)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls (or cubed regular mozzarella)
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 3/4-1 cup Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until pasta is cool.
- Meanwhile, combine cheeses, pepperoni, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, onion, pepperoncini, and salad dressing in a large bowl.
- When pasta is cool drain well and add to bowl with pepperoni and vegetables. Toss to combine. Refrigerate covered for a minimum of 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
Nothing like a classic Tuna Pasta Salad to beat the heat in the summer!
Buffalo Chicken Jar Salad – Easy, Light and Healthy Lunch Full of Flavor!
This creamy Dill Potato Salad is a delicious twist on your traditional version.
Quick and easy creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad comes together quickly for summer picnics and potlucks.