This is the BEST BBQ Chicken Marinade ever! It’s quick and easy and sure to be your favorite. This marinade produces so much flavor, is the perfect amount of sweet and tangy and keeps your grilled chicken tender, juicy and delicious! Dare we say that after using this marinade recipe you’ll never use another one again?
Disclosure: I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsKetchup
We are in the midst of the summer and it’s been a jammed packed one around this household! That’s why I love using my grill to make easy dinners during the summer! That way I can keep an eye on the kids outside while preparing our dinner.
This is also why I like to make easy marinade for our protein like this fabulous BBQ Chicken Marinade because I can pop the chicken in the marinade in the morning and then everything is ready to go when I want to make dinner!
Since the girls love to be outside, soaking up all the rays of summer, we grill a ton of food in the summer months. I love that there is minimal dishes, the hubs steps up at takes over (WINNER WINNER), and it’s easy to sneak in healthier foods for my family. I usually pair it with Grilled Vegetables and even throw diced sweet potatoes in there to make it a little more hearty. Or serve it with Roasted Red Potato Salad!
I love a good old grilled chicken breast, but sometimes I want something with a little more flavor. That’s where this marinade enters the pictures. You guys! It totally takes your grilled chicken up a notch, or maybe even six. You end up with this perfectly sweet, slightly tangy, moist chicken breast.
Plus, I bet you have the ingredients in your pantry already. Another major win!
If you are looking for a delicious twist, yet an easy recipe you have to make these BBQ Chicken Breasts this summer!
What do I need to make BBQ Chicken Marinade
- Chicken Breasts – We recommend pounded these to an even thickness so they grill evenly. You could also mix it up and use drumsticks, thighs etc.
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Soy Sauce
Steps to Prepare
- Make Marinade – Mix all the ingredients, except the chicken together in a mixing bowl.
- Marinate Chicken – Place the mixed marinade in a resealable gallon bag, add chicken and seal bag, squeezing out as much as as you can. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Grill Chicken – Place chicken on a preheated and oiled grill. Grill over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
Here are a few commonly asked questions about making this marinade and grilling the chicken.
If you have any additional questions make sure to leave us a comment below and we will do the best to answer you!
What should the internal temperature of grilled chicken be?
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should be 165 degrees F. We recommend using an instant read thermometer to monitor the temperature of your chicken. It’s easy to use and inexpensive! Make sure to insert the thermometer probe into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
How long should you marinate chicken?
Usually 2 hours is long enough for the chicken to soak up the flavor of your BBQ marinade, but you can leave your chicken in the marinade in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Can I freeze chicken in this marinade?
Simply place the chicken into a freezer-safe bag and pour the prepared marinade over the top of it. Toss the chicken to make sure it’s coated and then squeeze the air out of the bag.
Place it in the freezer for up to three months.
When you are ready to use the chicken remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Then grill your chicken according to the directions!
Serve your BBQ Chicken with these Side Dishes!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS BBQ CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ?Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
BBQ Chicken Marinade
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a shallow glass bowl combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix all together. Add chicken, stir to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Grill over medium-high heat for 15 minutes each side or until juices run clear and internal temperature of chicken breast is 165 degrees F. You can also make this in a grill pan over medium high heat on your stovetop.