Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe – One of the Best Chicken Drumstick Recipes! This Drumstick Recipe is Full of Flavor Perfect for an Easy Weeknight Meal!
This Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe is one of the BEST Chicken Drumstick Recipes out there in my opinion! It’s such a great way to take an inexpensive cut of meat and make it delicious! The honey garlic sauce that the chicken drumsticks are coated in at the end take it up a notch! Perfect for a quick family meal, the kids always gobble them up!
I am Kacey from The Cookie Writer and this is my very first post with the Julie’s Eats and Treats team! I like to cook and bake, so it was hard choosing which element to share with you first. Julie has told me you all like quick, simple, and delicious recipes, so I hope these honey garlic chicken drumsticks live up to your expectations 🙂
Chicken is an extremely popular protein and there are endless possibilities when it comes to preparation. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are most common when it comes to chicken cuts, but you can really utilize the other parts (and come out with a great tasting meal at less than half the price of the traditional cut!) Nowadays, people don’t want meals that are just tasty and easy (they are definitely perks!) but also recipes that don’t break the budget. As a Canadian food blogger, we are especially seeing this problem in both our produce and meat departments.
Tips for Making Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe!
- Pat your chicken completely dry before seasoning! This ensures crispy skin!
- No oil needed if you do step #1!
- Apply honey garlic sauce AFTER the chicken has time to crisp!
- Use a store bought sauce to save time in a pinch!
- Serve over rice and pair with a bag of mixed veggies for a full meal!
While I am sharing with you how to bake chicken drumsticks, I am also giving you some great advice: pat your chicken completely dry before seasoning it to ensure a crispy skin!!! Yes, that is right, no oil needed here, just plain salt, pepper, and any herbs you see fit. Applying the honey garlic sauce AFTER the chicken has had some time to crisp is really important here 🙂
These drumsticks are completed in no-time, and if you decide to go with a store-bought sauce over the homemade version, you are looking at even less effort! Serve this meal over rice and pair with a mixed bag of frozen veggies and you have a complete meal full of nutrients and deliciousness.
Plus, kids always eat chicken legs for some reason don’t they? Whenever we go out to eat and we have chicken the chicken legs are the first thing they eat! After awhile I finally learned that maybe I should make them at home. I’m not sure why I never did this before!
I love how easy they are to make for quick weeknight meal. Plus, it’s nice to vary the chicken consumption from boneless, skinless chicken breasts which are usually the go to cut of chicken that I use. As much as I love it, sometimes it’s nice to change things up!
Helpful Tools for Making Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe!
Tip – Have you ever tried chicken legs in an Air Fryer? When I’m looking for a REALLY quick and easy meal I just through some chicken legs in there with a little seasoning and perfection! They are so nice and crispy without the oil and stink from the oil!
Take the plunge with these honey garlic chicken drumsticks and see how a different cut of meat can really transform a meal!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
One of the Best Chicken Drumstick Recipes! This Drumstick Recipe is Full of Flavor Perfect for an Easy Weeknight Meal!
- 2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Add a wire rack on top if possible.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add oil. When hot, stir in garlic and onions: cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add honey and soy sauce. Stir together the broth and cornstarch. Pour into pan and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pat chicken so it is dry. Place onto rack and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place into oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for another 10 minutes. Coat chicken with some sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. Flip one more time and coat the other side of the chicken. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken reaches 160F and juices run clean.
- Serve chicken with rice and steamed veggies if desired (and do not forget to pour on any extra sauce that is remaining!)
Indulge in these chicken recipes from The Cookie Writer: