Green Bean Chicken Skillet ~ Chicken Breast with String Green Beans and Tomatoes in a Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce! Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe Ready in 30 Minutes!
I am so excited to share this Green Bean Chicken Skillet recipe with you, we make it so often. Easy recipes are the best kinds of recipes. This recipe for chicken breast with green beans and tomato in a creamy garlic wine sauce is so delicious. The flavors come together so well and taste absolutely amazing. You are in for a treat!
I love an easy meal in a skillet. Some of our other favorites are Hamburger and Zucchini Skillet, Skillet Lasagna, and One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti! All you need is some kind of side like mashed potatoes, rice or noodles to serve this dish with and you have yourself a wonderful meal. Not only is this meal ready in under 30 minutes, it also looks so scrumptious when served! When you set the skillet on the table for your family or friends, it feels like you are being served at a fancy restaurant, minus the price that you’d have pay, you’re welcome for the savings 😉
This dish is rather versatile and that’s what I love about it. If you don’t like green beans or others in your family don’t care for green beans, it’s so easy to substitute them for something else. The green beans may be substituted for asparagus, broccoli or even mushrooms. A combination of green beans and sautéed mushrooms are wonderful as well.
I have a serious love relationship with mushrooms, we often add mushroom to this mix. And those of you that enjoy mushrooms, are you visualizing the mushrooms in every bite, what a treat! Speaking of mushrooms, have you tried the chicken and mushroom casserole? Or the mushrooms and brie canapes? Or the easy flatbread. See what I’ve done now, gone off into mushroom heaven and totally sidetracked from the recipe at hand. It’s amazing the kind of effect they have on people, haha.
Ingredients Needed for Green Bean Chicken Skillet
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh green beans
- Garlic clove
- Chicken broth
- White wine
- Heavy whipping cream
- Lemon juice
When cooking the green beans, cook them to desired tenderness. We like ours really tender in this recipe so I cook the green beans until they are easily pierced. If you don’t like your green beans as tender, you can cook them less and they will work wonderfully.
We have two boys playing on a basketball team for their school this year. The basketball season has officially started. We are usually so busy during the week with their sports. Going from one practice to another or traveling to the different school for away games. There is just something about spending the time as a family and supporting each other that we love so much.
During these busy evenings, I just don’t have time to spend a ton of time in the kitchen and make fancy meals. It’s meals like this and roasted red pepper chicken skillet or salmon that are our go-to meals. They are so wonderful to enjoy and yet so simple and easy to make. The family is happy and filled and mama’s heart is full that everyone is fed.
Note: If you want your chicken really tender, once chicken is fully cooked, turn heat down to low and let it continue cooking covered until chicken becomes tender (about 10 minutes). This is optional.
Tools to Help You Make Green Bean Chicken Skillet
Classic 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover ~ I truly believe everyone needs a great skillet in their kitchen! It’s a basic that you’ll use over and over again!
- Utility Cutting Board ~ Love that this has grips on the bottom so you don’t have to worry about it slipping and losing a finger!
- Chef’s Knife ~ A great Chef’s Knife is also another must in the kitchen. Once you have a good knife you won’t know how you survived without one!
Green Beans Chicken Skillet
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 4 c. Water
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Add green beans to saucepan and cover with water, adjust amount depending on size of pan. Cook until desired tenderness is reached, about 5 minutes.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, you will have six cutlets. Season each side of cutlets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add oil to skillet, cook chicken 3-4 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken. (*See note).
- In the same skillet, add the butter and minced garlic, cook 1 minute on medium heat, add flour and mix vigorously. Continue mixing and add wine, lemon juice, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and tomatoes. Simmer 1 minute.
- Drain green beans and add to skillet. Add chicken cutlets back to skillet. Simmer until sauce starts to slightly thicken, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs, serve. Enjoy. So easy.