One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti ~ Delicious One Pot Pasta Recipe with Mexican Flavor! Creamy, Mexican Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with a Kick is on the Table in 30 Minutes!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Disclosure: DaVinci Pasta has compensated me for my time to create this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Julie’s Eats & Treats possible. All thoughts are my own.
I’m all about one pot meals. Less dishes equals one happy Momma. And you know what, happy Moms are good Moms! I love One Pot Pizza Pasta, One Pot Ham & Penne Skillet, and One Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo to name a few and apparently you do to because they are some of my most popular recipes.
There’s just something comforting about a big bowl of pasta. I love my carbs. They also make me happy!
This One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti is loaded with cheesy goodness, spice, chicken and pasta of course! It’s a twist on one of my favorite casseroles Mexican Chicken Spaghetti except there’s not cream of anything soup in this one pot pasta recipe!
Notice that all those recipes have pasta in them? There’s just something familiar and comforting about pasta to me. Growing up my Mom was the queen of pasta casseroles since we live in the Midwest, although here in Minnesota we call them “Hotdishes”. Every time I make a pasta casserole I’m brought back to gathering around the table with my brothers and parents, elbowing for the last scoop. It brings a smile to my face!
My husband wonders why I eat so fast. I inform him that it’s totally my brothers’s fault because if I wanted a second helping I had to gobble it up and scoop another plate or they’d beat me to it! Some habits die hard I guess!
I’ve upped my game from my Mom’s casseroles, sorry Mom, with these one pot stove top meals. Now, I still make casseroles but I love the ease of the one pot skillet meals and the speed that they come together in. This meal is ready in thirty minutes and I bet you have most of the ingredients, if not all, on hand!
Cheesy One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Seasoned salt
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese
- DaVinci angel hair pasta
- Mexican cheese
You know what else makes me happy? Saving money of course. What person doesn’t like that? My husband lovingly, at least I hope it’s lovingly, refers to me as “Coupon Suzy” when I check out at the store. I’m not real great at using coupons and clipping and saving them and all that jazz because I don’t have time for that.
But, I’m a queen of having phone apps to save me money and online codes. I rarely check out without them!
My sister-in-law also has this same fetish. In fact, she might take it a bit further than me if possible. She recently introduced me to the app Ibotta. I have never heard of this new way to save money until she introduced it to me. In fact it was on a bus to our company Christmas party, then the other girls heard us chatting and everyone was downloading it and signing up! Told you everyone loves to save money, especially when it’s as easy as Ibotta!
Cool thing is you can save money making this delicious Mexican Chicken Spaghetti! Go grab your Ibotta coupon here and save a little bit of moolah on DaVinci pasta while you enjoy a homemade meal! Plus, there’s no clipping coupons out of a paper. Just my style!
Another thing I love is DaVinci pasta! I used their angel hair pasta in the Cheesy One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti and it cooked up perfectly. I prefer my pasta al dente but please feel free to cook it however you want. DaVinci pasta is made in Italy (I want to go there!) with the finest ingredients, making it the perfect canvas for creative meal ideas like this Cheesy One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti of course!
You know how I shameless said I want to go to Italy?
DaVinci is giving you the opportunity to win a trip for two to Italy in the DaVinci Endless Pastabilities Sweepstakes!!! I’m so jealous of you! So go enter here and tell me all about your trip, ok?
Cheesy One Pot Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. 2% milk
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can mild Rotel
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 oz DaVinci angel hair pasta
- 1 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tomato, diced and seeded, optional
- Remove any fat from chicken and cut into 1'' cubes.
- Place olive oil, chicken pieces and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken pieces are cooked through. During last minute of cooking add minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, about a minute. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Pour 1 c. of milk into skillet, over low heat. Slowly whisk in flour until smooth. Add the rest of the milk and chicken broth whisking as you add the liquid to keep it smooth.
- Whisk in seasoned salt and pepper and allow to thicken over medium low heat, whisking frequently to keep the sauce smooth.
- Stir in Rotel and uncooked spaghetti noodles, turn up heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Cut cream cheese into bite size pieces. Stir into pasta along with Mexican cheese. Add chicken and heat through.
- Garnish with tomato and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 770kcal Calories from fat 306|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
More Spaghetti Recipes!