Couscous Salad with grilled vegetables is a delicious twist on your favorite summer salad! The grilled vegetables and couscous is tossed in a homemade vinaigrette dressing for a salad that is packed with flavor. This salad is made with couscous, grilled zucchini, square, asparagus, goat cheese and drizzled in a homemade vinaigrette dressing!
You will want to make this easy salad recipe for all your summer potlucks, backyard BBQs and gatherings. It’s quick, easy and delicious and something new and different to impress your friends and family with! Did I mention it’s also healthy and ready in under 30 minutes!
Amazing Couscous Salad with Vegetables
I’ve got a new summer salad for you today and it’s something a little different than your average pasta salad! Not that I don’t love pasta salad, but sometimes it’s nice to switch things up and serve something a little unexpected. So, today it’s all about couscous salad with grilled vegetables. If you’re tired of the same old summer sides and salads this couscous salad is for you!
Perfect Summer Salad Recipe!
During the summer I love grilled vegetables. The intense outdoor heat seems to really highlight the natural flavors of my favorite vegetables like zucchini, summer squash and asparagus! I’m also lazy. Cooking on the grill seems to cook everything quicker. And I know that grilling also involves fewer dishes! All this time-saving means more summer for me to enjoy!
Grilled vegetables also go with pretty much any summer main dish, liked my favorite BBQ Chicken, and they’re delicious all on their own, but add some couscous and goat cheese and you get a side dish that’s so delicious. And it’s so easy! You know me, guys, I would never give you a complicated salad especially during the summer when it’s all about being easy-breezy, right?
The BEST Couscous Salad recipe!
Couscous is perfect for the lazy cook. It cooks up quickly and involves one pot! Throw in a few perfectly grilled vegetables and a tangy vinaigrette and you have yourself a simple, yet incredibly flavorful side dish that complements any summer BBQ dish!
I used zucchini, squash and asparagus for this dish. But you could certainly substitute your favorite vegetables! I also used the pearl couscous. I find it heartier and able to hold the vinaigrette a little better. I rounded out this salad with creamy goat cheese. The combination of flavors and textures is simply divine!
This easy salad is so perfect for all of your summer dinners. You can make it in about 30 minutes and I love the contrast of the tangy homemade vinaigrette with the creamy goat cheese. If you’re looking for an easy salad that everyone will love you have to give this one a try!
What ingredients do I need to make Couscous Salad with vegetables?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Couscous Salad recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
For the Salad:
- yellow squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- crumbled goat cheese
For the Dressing:
- red wine vinegar
- dried thyme
- Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How do I make Couscous Salad?
Remember it’s so easy and ready in under 30 minutes!
- Prepare Couscous – Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Grill Vegetables – Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Make Vinaigrette – Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing except for the olive oil. Once combined, slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture, whisking continuously, until the dressing is well combined.
- Toss – Place the cooked couscous and grilled vegetables in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss it all together to combine. Add the crumbled goat cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.
What tools do I need to make Couscous Salad?
- Pot or saucepan to cook the couscous
- Grill to cook the vegetables or grill pan
- Whisk and bowl to make the dressing
- Serving bowl to combine and serve the salad
Tips for making couscous!
Here are a few quick tips and tricks for making this easy couscous salad. If you have additional questions please leave us a comment and we will do our best to answer it!
- Choose whole-grain – I like to use whole-grain couscous because it has more fiber and protein than regular couscous.
- Proper water to couscous ratio – You should follow the cooking instructions listed on the package of couscous, but the proper water to couscous ratio is 1 cup water to 2/3 cup couscous.
- Add the couscous after water has boiled – Make sure you bring the water to a boil before adding the couscous so it cooks properly.
- Fluff after cooking – Like rice, you should fluff the couscous with a fork before serving.
What exactly is couscous?
Couscous is a type of pasta popular in North African and Moroccan cuisine. It’s made from semolina flour.
What is the difference between couscous and quinoa?
Couscous and quinoa are cooked in a similar way, but they are two very different things! Couscous is made from semolina flour and quinoa is a seed.
Do you rinse couscous before cooking?
Nope! You don’t need to rinse couscous before cooking it.
What main dish should I serve with Couscous Salad?
We love pairing this easy couscous salad with anything hot off the grill! Here are a few or our favorite easy main dish recipes!
More easy Summer Salad recipes!
Love this couscous salad? You might love these favorite summer salad of ours too!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
I’d love it you would rate this recipe!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Couscous Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- 2 cups couscous cooked
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat grill.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have begun to softened. Remove from grill.
- In a bowl, combine vegetables, couscous and goat cheese. Pour vinaigrette over salad and stir.
- Serve immediately.
Connect with Tanya on Social Media!