The Perfect English Muffin Breakfast ~ What to eat on an English Muffin? Melted Cheese, Warm Eggs and Bacon Piled High! Make Them Ahead, Warm Up and it’s the Perfect Grab and Go Breakfast for on the Run! You can be that cool Mom that makes a homemade breakfast for the kids before school because these are so quick and easy. Plus, the kids love them. If you’re looking for great English Muffin Breakfast Ideas Start Here!
English Muffin Breakfast
Today I’m sharing a delicious breakfast recipe! Mix up these melts ahead of time and you have hot breakfast for a week! Melted cheese, warm eggs and bacon… you can’t go wrong here! This delicious concoction is similar to an egg salad. And, actually makes a divine egg salad as well!
Mix it up, cover it, and put it in the fridge and you’re set for the week. Each morning, you simply heap it onto an English Muffin half, bake it and indulge. I love that you can make it up ahead of time and broil the muffins each morning for a fresh, hot breakfast!
One of my friends makes breakfast for her kids every single morning. When she told me this I looked at her like she was nuts! I am just trying to survive the morning most of the time and here she is making pancakes, waffles and breakfast casseroles!
I’m pretty sure she needs to try these English Muffin Breakfast Melts next! Even I could make these in the morning for the kids. In fact, after trying these it’s happening because all I have to do is pile the egg mixture on a english muffin and broil it a few minutes.
Viola! You have a “homemade breakfast” that makes you look like you are a rock star Mom!
English Muffin Breakfast Ideas
My kids also devoured these so rest assured that your children will enjoy them just as much as you! Unless you were hoping to keep them all to yourself. No judgement here if you do that either! I love knowing it’s something my kid will enjoy because sometimes those little people in our house rule our menus and it’s difficult getting them to eat anything other than pizza, mac and cheese and hot dogs!
Can anyone else relate to that?
What to eat on an English muffin for breakfast?
- Make breakfast pizza with eggs, cheese and mushrooms
- Huevos Rancheros
- French toast!
- Eggs Benedict
- Sliced boiled egg
- Peanut butter and blueberries with a drizzle of honey.
You can put just about whatever you want to eat on an English Muffin! It’s a great grab-n-go breakfast!
Grocery list for English Muffin Breakfast
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt, Pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- English Muffins
How do you make English Muffin Breakfast?
- Boil the egg, allow to cool and peel. Then chop them well.
- Combine the hard-boiled eggs with all other ingredients (except for english muffins).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heap the egg mixture onto english muffin haves and broil in the oven for 4-6 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Is an English muffin a healthy breakfast?
Choosing a whole grain muffin will be lower in calories than bread and a better heart healthy choice. Most English muffins have about 130 calories, making this a great choice for breakfast!
More English Muffin Breakfast Ideas!
- Cheesy Ham & Bacon English Muffins
- English Muffin Bread
- Cheesy Bacon Egg Breakfast Sliders (ok… not a muffin but man are these good!)
- Avocado, Egg and English Muffin Sandwich
Make sure you have the ingredients on hand to some up this weekend, serve them to friends or family… or, just keep them all for yourself. I won’t tell.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THE MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST MUFFINS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1 dozen Hard-boiled Eggs Peeled & Chopped
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. Real Mayonnaise
- 10 slices of Bacon Fried and Chopped
- 1/2 T. Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 t. Pepper
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 dozen English Muffins Split in half
- Combine hard-boiled eggs with all other ingredients, except for english muffins. Leave in sealed container in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, heap egg mixture onto english muffin haves and broil in the oven for 4-6 minutes, just until the tops start to turn brown and cheese gets bubbly. Serve immediately.
- The egg mixture also makes a divine egg salad if you serve it cold!