A delicious, homemade Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake starts with a crust made with Oreos, filled with peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate frosting. Top it with peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips. Each bite is a rich indulgence that is a treat!
When I want to really treat my family and friends, I turn to homemade cheesecake! It’s always a crowd-pleaser, and this peanut butter cheesecake is always a winner.
If you love peanut butter cups, you are going to love this recipe! Creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling topped with rich chocolate and crushed peanut butter cups takes a classic baked cheesecake to a whole new level!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is baked cheesecake, so it’s rich, creamy, and perfectly set once it’s done!
- Don’t worry if you’ve never made a homemade cheesecake before – I am showing you exactly how to make it, so it turns out perfectly every time.
- It starts with a Peanut Butter Pie Oreo cookie crust topped with the rich peanut butter filling and then decorated with chocolate and chopped candy. Let’s just say this is one decadent dessert!
I pretty much love all peanut butter and chocolate desserts like cookies and dessert bars, but this decadent cheesecake tops the list! It’ll be the star of the show when you make it for friends and family – I can promise you that.
- Peanut Butter Pie Oreos – Can’t find them? Use Nutter Butters instead or you can also use regular Oreos to make a chocolate cookie crust.
- Cream cheese – Remember to leave it out at room temperature so it’s softened when you’re ready to use it.
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter – Use regular creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I would avoid the natural kinds that need stirring.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – or use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Peanut butter chips and mini peanut butter cups
How To Make The Crust
Crush the cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush them in a resealable bag with a rolling pin.
Transfer the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until the butter is mix into the crumbs, and then press the mixture into the springform pan.
Set the crust aside while you make the filling.
How to Make the Filling
In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
Add one egg to the mixture with the mixer running. Once it’s mixed in, add the next egg and mix it in. Repeat this process with the rest of the eggs.
Add the peanut butter and mix until the filling is well combined. Pour it over the prepared crust in the pan.
How to Bake It
Bake the cheesecake for 55 minutes at 325°F or until the center is almost set. At this point, take it out of the oven and run a knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the crust. This will help keep it from cracking on top as it cools.
Leave the cheesecake in the pan until it’s cooled. Carefully remove the rim of the pan and then chill the cheesecake for four hours.
How to Decorate the Cheesecake
Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt them in 30-second increments stirring in between each until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Spread the chocolate over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Decorate the top with peanut butter chips and mini peanut butter cups. I like to sprinkle them around the edge of the cheesecake.
I love them both! The main difference is with the texture. A baked cheesecake is denser, richer, and firmer than a no-bake one. So it really depends on what you’re in the mood for!
If you overbake it, it will crack on top. So, be sure to take it out of the oven when it’s not quite set in the center. It will be just a little wobbly.
It can also crack while it cools if the crust is stuck to the pan. That’s why I like to run a knife around the edge as soon as it comes out of the oven. It will prevent this from happening.
For this recipe, you don’t need a water bath.
No, let it cool for an hour or so at room temperature before you chill it.
This peanut butter cup cheesecake will be a hit when you make it! It’s perfect for all the peanut butter and chocolate fans in your life. Rich, smooth, and creamy – it’s pretty much to die for! Enjoy!
More Amazing Cheesecake Recipes!
- Berry Cheesecake Crumble Bars are packed full of berry cheesecake goodness! This is a quick and easy treat for your entire family!
- Chocolate Cheesecake is an easy dessert that’s cold and creamy!
- Make a batch of Mini Cheesecakes for your next party – everyone will love them!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake is the best no-bake dessert for summer!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake is just like the classic but made easy in the pressure cooker.
Do you love this recipe?! Be sure and comment with a five-star rating below or better yet?
Snap a photo so I can see this yummy dessert on your table! Are you on Instagram? Be sure and tag me at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats.
- 35 peanut butter pie oreos regular oreos are fine to use as well
- ⅓ c. butter melted
- 4 packages cream cheese 8 oz. each, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 ½ c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Peanut butter chips and mini peanut butter cups for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor blend the Oreos into crumbs.
- In a bowl mix together Oreo crumbs and the melted butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In a different mixing bowl beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, to the mixture, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
- Mix in the peanut butter. Then pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of butter and semi sweet chocolate chips and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between until melted and smooth.
- Pour over the cheesecake.
- Remove the springform round.
- Decorate the edge with the peanut butter chips and mini cups.