Adorable pretzels topped with a Rolo, red m&m and candy eyes to make them look like Reindeer. These easy no-bake Reindeer Pretzels are a quick and easy Christmas treat to make with the kids.
Simple treat like reindeer pretzels are always a life-saver during the holiday season. We’re always whipping up tons of baked goods this time of year, but sometimes I need something that I can quickly put together for an easy holiday treat and these cute little reindeer are the answer and such a fun recipe. That’s when I make sweet treats like rolo reindeer pretzels and cornflake wreaths.
They don’t take long to make, use simple ingredients and I can make a ton of them all at once. They make the perfect homemade holiday gift idea too. My kids love to help with these simple recipes too!
And reindeer pretzels are so easy to make that they could honestly put this treat together all on their own. All you need to make this festive sweet and salty treat is four ingredients and a dash of Christmas spirit!
Why You’ll Love Reindeer Pretzels
- Make 20 reindeer rolo pretzels in just about 20 minutes. Easy peasy and so quick to make!
- All ingredients are shelf stable, so you can buy them at the grocery store ahead of time and then pull the supplies out whenever you’re ready.
- Reindeer pretzels are perfect treat to make ahead of time! They store well and last for up to a week in the fridge.
- These rolo pretzel treats are the perfect combination of sweet and salty from the salty flavors of the pretzel antlers combined with a sweet rolos and m&Ms. You won’t stop munching on.
Ingredients for Reindeer Rolo Pretzels
- Pretzels – Small twist mini pretzels are used to make the reindeer antlers on the reindeer plus the base to set the rolo on.
- Rolos – The creamy caramel inside each rolo candy is the perfect surprise when you bite into each tasty pretzel creation.
- Candy eyes – Grab candy eyes in the baking aisles at the grocery stores. You can also typically find them at craft stores too!
- Red candies – I prefer to use a red m&m for the reindeer noses, but any small red candy will do.
How to Make Reindeer Pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Line up 20 mini pretzel twists onto the prepared baking sheet and then place a Rolo in the center of each twist.
- Then grab a cutting board and sharp knife and carefully cut 20 more pretzels in half to form antlers with the curved tops of the pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet with Rolo pretzels into the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes, or until the candies are softened.
- Then, remove the sheet pan and very quickly add candy eyeballs, a red M&M for the traditional red nose and place pretzels for the pre-cut antlers to the melted chocolate. Work quickly at this stage to get everything placed before the chocolate hardens.
- Allow the reindeer to cool completely and let the chocolate set. If you need them to cool quickly, place the pan in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Reindeer Pretzels
Store leftover rolo reindeer pretzels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also store them at room temperature, as long as your kitchen or pantry stays cool. Storing them in the fridge will help keep the melted rolos set longer.
More Christmas Treats to Serve with Reindeer Pretzels
Santa’s reindeer never act alone, right? So neither should these festive reindeer pretzels! Pair this sweet treat with more fun holiday themed desserts like Christmas snickerdoodles and Christmas cupcakes.
Pair your sweet with something savory like Christmas tree mini pizzas too! Those are always a crowd hit and kid favorite!
What can I use instead of Rolos?
Hershey kisses are a great replacement for Rolos! You can also use tons of different flavors of Hershey kisses too. I recommend using brown ones so that they look like a reindeer face, but you can use white chocolate or something else if you want.
- I recommend buying multiple bags of pretzel twists so that you can be sure to have plenty of pretzels that aren’t broken. In most bags of pretzels, there are quite a few broken ones. So buying multiple bags can be helpful!
- Red Hot candies will also make a red candy nose instead of a red M&M if you prefer.
- Watch the pretzels carefully when they’re in the oven. If you let the rolos bake too long, you’ll have chocolate covered pretzels instead of a cute button nosed reindeer.
- Cut a few extra pretzels in half (for antlers) in case some break in the process of baking.
Make these cute rolo pretzel reindeer treats for parties, as a fun snack, or even as something to gift to friends and family. No one will turn down a chocolatey pretzel made with love and Christmas joy!
More Christmas Recipes You’ll Love
- Do you love sweet and savory snacks that have a little crunch to them? Then you’ve gotta make this incredible Christmas Crack recipe! It’s addictively good!
- Make a Christmas Poke Cake whenever you want something simple and fun. This easy recipe will have a fun colorful surprise in the middle of every slice!
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies are as beautiful as they are delicious. They look absolutely perfect on a dessert platter!
- If you need a quick and easy cookie recipe for the holidays, make these cute Christmas Cake Mix Cookies.
- 40 small pretzels divided
- 20 ROLO’S
- 40 candy eyes
- 20 small round red candies any variety
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick pan liner.
- Place 20 pretzels on a prepared baking sheet.
- Using a cutting board and sharp chef’s knife, carefully cut the remaining 20 pretzels in half to form the antlers. We recommend cutting a few extra in case a few break while assembling the reindeer.
- Place the baking sheet with pretzels and Rolos in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes or until the candies are softened.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and add eyes, nose and antlers to each rolo. You will need to work quickly before the Rolo cools and hardens.
- Allow the reindeer to cool completely before serving. If you want them to cool quicker, place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.