Delicious and easy Shrimp Tacos make the perfect easy dinner for busy weeknights. These tacos are loaded with plump, juicy shrimp with the perfect seasoning, crisp cabbage, diced avocado and cilantro lime dressing in a soft tortilla. Mouthwatering and so easy to make for dinner!
Need a knockout meal for your next Summer party? These easy shrimp tacos are absolutely drool-worthy! The perfectly seasoned shrimp are topped with a tangy and creamy cilantro lime dressing…truly a match made in heaven.
I love making these for parties and serving skinny spicy margaritas alongside them. My guests are always impressed! But of course, you don’t have to wait until you’re hosting a party to make these cilantro lime shrimp tacos.
This recipe is so easy that you can simply make them as tasty weeknight meal too! Taco Tuesday just got a fun new recipe!
Why You’ll Love Shrimp Tacos
- It only takes 30 minutes to make these restaurant quality shrimp tacos!
- This is a very versatile protein to make. You can serve it on tortillas, over rice, or even on a salad.
- Leftovers of shrimp taco recipe store and reheat really well. Great for meal prep!
Ingredients for Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Raw shrimp – I recommend purchase peeled and deveined shrimp so you don’t have to clean them yourself. It’s much less hassle!
- Tortillas – Corn tortillas are most commonly used for shrimp tacos, but you can use flour tortillas if you prefer.
- Olive oil – You can use butter, avocado oil, or any other cooking oil in place of olive oil if you prefer.
- Seasoning mixture – This mixture of spices is the perfect dry rub for this yummy shrimp taco recipe.
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Toppings – You can use any topping that you want, but these pair best with the flavor profile of cilantro lime shrimp tacos!
- Red cabbage
- Lime wedges
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Plain Greek yogurt – Feel free to swap out the plain Greek yogurt for sour cream if you prefer.
- Fresh lime juice – You can use the lime juice that comes in a bottle if you want, but the dressing will taste much more fresh if you use freshly squeezed lime juice!
- Fresh cilantro – Chop the fresh cilantro really fine so that it distributes well throughout the dressing
- Mayonnaise – Even if you don’t like mayo, it goes perfectly in this sauce! It’s the key to making it creamy and smooth.
- Spices – Use these spices to season your cilantro lime dressing.
- Garlic powder
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
Follow these simple steps to make the crazy good tacos in just minutes!
Make the Shrimp
Mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Then, add the shrimp to a zip top bag or a medium bowl. Pour the spice mix on top of the shrimp and toss until they are all thoroughly coated.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to the pan. Place the shrimp in the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the outside is golden brown and the shrimp is cooked through.
Make the cilantro lime dressing
While the shrimp is cooking, you can whip up the dressing really quickly! Whisk together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on the stovetop until they are soft.
Then, assemble the tacos by placing ¼ cup of the sliced red cabbage, some of the diced avocado, and 5-6 shrimp on each tortilla.
Drizzle each taco with cilantro lime dressing and extra freshly chopped cilantro.
Squeeze some lime over the top and enjoy your homemade shrimp tacos!
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos
Taco night isn’t complete without tasty sides like Spanish rice or an appetizer of Rotel dip and chips. Serving some homemade salsa and chips is also a great pairing!
Shrimp tacos are also known to pair really well with a simple side of french fries too. Finish out your meal with a classic dessert like homemade caramelitas!
How to Store Leftover Shrimp Tacos
To store these tacos, you need keep all of the ingredients separate.
Store shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. The dressing will last about 3-4 days in the fridge as well.
I do not recommend freezing this dish. To reheat leftovers, place the shrimp on the stovetop or microwave until warmed through. Warm the tortillas, and then assemble to tacos as usual!
Can I add other toppings to these tacos?
Of course! Sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, and cheese would all be delicious on these cilantro lime shrimp tacos.
- It’s way easier to add the shrimp to a zip top bag and toss them with the spices! You’ll have less mess to clean up too, so use that instead of a bowl if at all possible.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp! Shrimp cook really fast, so once they’re slightly browned and crispy on the outside, they are done.
If you’re using the recommended 6″ tortillas, just use 5-6 shrimp, otherwise it will overload the tortilla.
Make these delicious shrimp tacos whenever you have a craving for savory seafood!
More Taco Recipes You’ll Love
- This yummy crescent roll Taco Ring is a favorite around our house!
- Fish Stick Tacos are most simple version of fish tacos you can ever make, and they’re so good!
- Love your Instant Pot? Make these Shredded Chicken Tacos and you’ll love it even more.
- These Walking Tacos are the perfect party appetizer or easy quick dinner on-the-go.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 1 pound raw medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined, fresh or frozen (thawed first if using frozen)
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small tortillas 6-inches each
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado diced
- Fresh cilantro for topping chopped
- Lime wedges for serving
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small minced garlic clove or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp to a zip top bag (recommended) or a medium bowl. Add the spice mixture to the shrimp and toss until they are completely coated.
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the outside is slightly browned and the shrimp is cooked through.
- While the shrimp is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, until they are soft and pliable.
- Assemble the tacos by placing ¼ cup of the sliced red cabbage, the diced avocado, and 5-6 shrimp. Drizzle with the dressing and top with extra freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side and enjoy your delicious shrimp tacos with homemade dressing!
Leave a Comment