If you are looking for an easy appetizer anyone can make that’s is always gone at the end of the party you need this Rotel Dip in your life!
This dip recipe has tons of cheesy goodness, ground beef, and salsa. That’s right, you only need three ingredients! It’s one of my favorite appetizer recipes because it’s so easy to make and it’s always a hit. I love to serve it with chips, pretzels or crackers.
You Will Love This Easy Rotel Dip Recipe!
If you love cheese dip, you are going to love this recipe! It’s a Tex-Mex dip that’s great for parties, potlucks, game-day, or any old night you want a warm and cheesy dip.
- This is a recipe to have on hand when you need a last-minute snack or appetizer – it’s ready in 20 minutes!
- And, in case you missed it, you only need three simple ingredients – cheese, ground beef, and a can of rotel.
- This dip has the best creamy cheese texture because we’re using Velveeta. It melts great and doesn’t seize up as it cools like other types of cheese. This means your dip stays smooth so you can scrape up every last cheesy drop!
I can’t wait for you to try this rotel dip recipe – you’re going to love it!
- Ground beef – I like to use lean ground beef so there’s less grease to drain off when you brown it. You can also use ground turkey!
- Rotel – If you’ve never used rotel, it’s canned diced tomatoes with diced green chiles. You can usually find it in mild and spicy versions so you can make your dip as hot as you want.
- Velveeta – I like to cut it into cubes so it melts faster.
Optional extras: Feel free to add garnishes like chopped cilantro, green onions, or red onions when you serve the dip!
Make It In Two Easy Steps
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain off the excess grease.
- Add the Rotel and cubed cheese to the beef and stir until the cheese is melted.
That’s it! So easy.
If you’re making it for a party or potluck, transfer the dip to a slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to warm to keep the dip nice and hot!
We love this rotel cheese dip with tortilla chips, pita chips, and crackers!
It’s also great with veggie sticks like celery, carrots, and sliced bell peppers.
Rotel Dip with Cream Cheese
Another way to make this dip is to skipped the processed cheese aka Velveeta cheese and use cream cheese instead.
Instead of the Velveeta use an 8 ounce package of cream cheese.
If you need to thing out the dip add a little milk after the cream cheese melts. This dip will be more similar to our Sausage Dip!
Can you use cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta?
I don’t recommend using cheddar cheese for this dip it does not melt as well as Velveeta cheese and your dip won’t be smooth and creamy. Processed cheese is the way to go!
I can’t find rotel. What else can I use?
You can use the same amount of salsa. I recommend a chunky-style red salsa that’s not too runny.
It will have a slightly different flavor, but it’s still delicious!
Are you supposed to drain Rotel?
You don’t need to drain it for this recipe. Just add it all to the browned beef.
Can I Make Rotel Dip in the Crock Pot?
Yes you can! It makes it super easy to keep warm during your party or bring to the party.
Add your browned hamburger to the Crock Pot, plus your Rotel tomatoes and cheese. We usually cube up the cheese before adding it. A mini crockpot will work great for this.
Cook it on low for 2-3 hours in the slow cooker and stir it occasionally until it’s melted. When it’s melted turn the crock pot to warm so the cheese dip doesn’t burn.
- Store rotel dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to three days and reheats well in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- You can also freeze it! Allow the dip to cool to room temperature and then store it in a freezer-safe container. It will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
This is seriously the best party dip – everyone loves it! Make a batch soon and you’ll see – there won’t be a drop left in the bowl. Enjoy!
More Hot Dip Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip is always a crowd pleaser! Plus, you can use your crockpot or oven to make it.
- Cream Cheese Sausage Dip is another easy one I love to make – it only has four ingredients!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip has all the flavors from poppers but as a scoopable dip instead!
- Queso Dip is another fabulous cheese dip recipe to add to taco night.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 ounce can Rotel
- 16 ounces Velveeta cubed
- Brown hamburger in skillet, drain off grease.
- Add a can of Rotel and cubed Velveeta cheese to the skillet. Stir thoroughly over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables.
Leave a Comment