Mix up your Taco Tuesday dinner with this easy Taco Ring! Flaky crescent roll rough that’s stuffed with taco meat and cheese. Slice it and serve with your favorite taco topping like salsa, guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes, lettuce and more. The perfect Tex-Mex Dinner recipe that’s easy to make.
I am always looking for ways to switch up taco night at our house, and this fun and delicious taco ring is one of my favorite twists! It has all of the flavors you love in ground beef tacos but served as a flaky crescent roll ring instead. I love making this or these delicious loaded nachos for a quick and easy meal.
You Will Love This Easy Taco Ring Recipe
- For this taco crescent ring, you only need five ingredients – and one of them is water!
- The filling has flavorful ground beef taco meat that’s super easy to make.
- It’s not hard to assemble, and I’m showing you how to do it step by step.
- It’s the perfect family-friendly dinner! Who doesn’t love tacos? We love Taco Tuesday at our house.
Make it for dinner this week and I know it will be a hit!
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
How to Make the Ground Beef Filling
Cook the beef in a large skillet and hen drain off the excess grease.
Add the taco seasoning and water. Stir and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook it for a few minutes or until the liquid is thickened.
How to Make a Taco Ring
Unroll the crescent dough and divide it into triangles. Place them on the pan with the wide ends overlapping in the center, so the pointed ends are facing out.
Where the wide ends meet, there should be a 4 to 5” opening in the center. Press to seal the overlapping dough.
Spoon the filling onto the dough, sprinkle the cheese over the top, and then fold each pointed end over the filling to meet the wider end in the center.
Tuck the ends of the dough under the ring in the center to secure them. At this point, The dough will mostly encase the filling in the dough with some peeking out.
Bake the Crescent Ring
Bake the ring at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool the taco ring for five to ten minutes before slicing and serving.
Serve it with Toppings!
Just like regular tacos, serve slices of this taco ring with your favorite toppings. Here are some ideas!
- Place a bowl in the middle of the ring and fill it with salsa.
- Add some homemade guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Serve it with some sour cream and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top.
- Add some shredded lettuce, sliced olives, and chopped tomatoes!
Have you added the ingredients to your shopping list yet? You will want to make this fun crescent ring this week – your family will love it!
More Recipes with Crescent Rolls
- A quick and easy Veggie Pizza that is perfect for bringing to parties! It starts with a flaky crescent roll crust topped with a creamy ranch cream cheese layer and topped with all of your favorite vegetables.
- Cozy Chicken Pot Pie made easy with premade rolls for the crust! You will love how simple it is to make.
- Buffalo Chicken Crescents Rolls is a delicious and easy recipe that your family will love!
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love it if you rated it!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats. That way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 oz taco seasoning (1 package)
- ½ c. water
- 1 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cans crescent rolls (8 oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet cook beef until no longer pink, drain off excess grease. Add taco seasoning and ½ c. water, stir to combine. Simmer taco meat mixture for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened and water has cooked off.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Arrange triangles on a 14 inch greased pizza pan with points toward the outside and wide ends overlapping at the center, leaving a 4-5 inch opening in the center. Press overlapping dough to seal.
- Spoon taco meat onto the half of each triangle closest to the center of the ring. Sprinkle cheese over the meat.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under the bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around the ring until the entire filling is enclosed. There will be some poking out in between triangles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown on top and baked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.Arrange a small bowl of taco sauce or salsa in the middle along with the toppings if desired.
- Cut and serve in slices with toppings.