Quick and easy Air Fryer Hawaiian Shrimp are the perfect dinner recipe! Skewers or a bowl of shrimp, ham and pineapple chunks that are coated in a sweet BBQ sauce and cooked in your Air Fryer. This recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Hawaiian shrimp is an easy dinner that your family is going to love! Juicy shrimp with ham and pineapple coated in BBQ sauce is perfect served on skewers or piled in a bowl!
We love any kind of skewers at our house and these shrimp skewers I’m sharing today are one of our favorites! Plus, this is a recipe you can make in your air fryer – it’s so easy.
Why This Recipe Works
- The combination of shrimp, ham, pineapple, and BBQ sauce is delicious!
- Cooking it in your air fryer makes this a fast and easy recipe – it’s done cooking in less than 10 minutes.
- You can make Hawaiian shrimp kabobs or just toss it all in the air fryer basket – it’s up to you!
- You can serve this as an appetizer or as a main dish!
For this recipe, you will want to use jumbo shrimp (18-21 count, which means there are approximately 18 to 20 shrimp in a pound).
If you have frozen ones be sure to thoroughly thaw them first and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
You will want to use canned pineapple for this recipe because you will use the pineapple and the juice from the can in the sauce.
I love to use honey BBQ sauce, but feel free to use your favorite kind. You can also substitute it for teriyaki sauce to switch up the flavors!
How to Make Hawaiian Shrimp
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy. Air fryer shrimp is really fast and once you have your ingredients ready to go it takes just minutes to cook.
You can make skewers or just cook the ingredients together in the basket – either way it’s fast and easy!
Combine the honey BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, and Old Bay seasoning in a bowl.
To make shrimp kabobs, thread the shrimp, pineapple chunks, and ham on each of the skewers until they’re filled. Brush them on both sides with the sauce and then place them on the rack and place it in the air fryer basket.
If you want to skip the skewers, place the shrimp, pineapple, and ham in a bowl and then pour the sauce over the top and then toss to combine. Transfer it all to the basket and pour any remaining sauce over the top.
Air Fryer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Cook the Hawaiian shrimp for six to eight minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Serve hot!
To serve Hawaiian shrimp as an appetizer I recommend cooking them on skewers. You can place them on a serving platter with BBQ sauce in a bowl and everyone can help themselves! This recipe makes approximately 10 to 14 skewers.
It’s a great weeknight dinner – just add some rice on the side and it’s a quick 30-minute dinner!
For more flavor, you can marinate the shrimp, ham, and pineapple in the sauce for 15 minutes before you cook them.
If you have leftovers, they will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator!
Whether you make Hawaiian shrimp kabobs or pile it all in a bowl with rice, you are going to love the tropical flavors in this easy recipe! The combination is delicious and perfect for a light dinner or party appetizer.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Who loves their air fryer?! Here are some more easy recipes you will want to try, too!
- Chicken Wings are so easy to cook in your air fryer. They taste like they are fried in a lot of oil, but you hardly need any – they are crispy and so delicious.
- You should also try my Breaded Pork Chops. They have an amazing crispy coating! They come out so juicy, too.
- Once you try my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan you won’t go back to the old way of making it!
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas are an easy, healthy dinner recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- Want garlic bread that is perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside then topped with melted cheese? The best way to make it is Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Bread!
- Perfectly seasoned Air Fryer Shrimp take less then 10 minutes for an easy, healthy dinner recipe full of flavor.
- Try these delicious, tender and juicy Air Fryer Steak Bites tossed in a garlic butter.
Did you try and love this recipe?! Please leave a five-star rating below, that will make my day!
And if you’re over on Instagram you can tag me if you post a photo – @julieseatsandtreatsor #julieseatsandtreats I would love to see your yummy dish!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp size 18-21
- 4-6 slices ham rolled and cut into 1 inch strips
- ½ c. pineapple chunks
- ½ c. honey
- ¼ c. honey BBQ Sauce
- ¼ c. pineapple juice drained from chunks
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, BBQ Sauce, juice and seasoning. Stir to mix ingredients well.
- Skewer shrimp, ham, and pineapple, until the skewer is filled. Use a pastry brush or spoon to coat skewers with sauce. Rotate skewers to make sure both sides are covered with sauce. Place skewers on rack and place in basket.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, ham, and pineapple, cover with sauce. Use a large spoon or spatula to gently toss the ingredients to make sure the sauce has covered each piece thoroughly. Scoop to transfer into basket, and pour any sauce still in the bowl over the shrimp mixture. (You can also marinate for 15 minutes before transferring to basket).
- Preheat fryer 370 degrees for 4 minutes
- Place kabobs or shrimp bowl ingredients in air fryer basket. Cook for 6-8 minutes until shrimp are pink.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice. (If served over rice, this makes 4 servings. If skewered, this prepares 10-14 skewers)
- I use honey BBQ sauce on almost everything for the sweet taste. To change flavor, you can also use teriyaki sauce, or different flavors of BBQ sauce. The honey and pineapple juice give it enough sweetness without having to do honey BBQ sauce.
- If you want a stronger flavor, let it marinade in the sauce for 15-30 minutes.
- I skewered for appetizers, but for a family sit down meal, it is easy to combine it all and put in the basket. I also keep a small amount of honey and BBQ sauce on hand as sides so the family can adjust for their taste.