Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots seasoned with salt are a quick and easy side dish. Make your favorite tater tots in the Air Fryer for the BEST crispy tots. Way healthier than deep frying, crispier result than baking makes these a must try!
We love our tater tots around here, and they are probably one of my favorite things to cook in my air fryer. It’s super easy, and they come out hot and crispy!
If you’ve ever baked frozen tater tots, you know they don’t get super crispy – an air fryer solves that! They taste like they were deep-fried but without all the oil.
For the Best Tater Tots, Cook Them in Your Air Fryer!
- We’re keeping it simple with frozen tater tots – there’s no need to make them from scratch! Buy your favorite brand and then use my instructions to cook them.
- You don’t have to turn on the oven or make a mess deep-frying your tots. The air fryer makes it super easy!
- There’s no prep – just season them with salt and pop them in the air fryer. They take less than 30 minutes to cook!
- Serve them as a snack or appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces, or make them a side dish for dinners during the week.
- No one I know can resist them, and once you try cooking tater tots in an air fryer, you won’t go back to baking them!
How to Air Fry Tater Tots
Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray and then place an even layer of tater tots in it.
Cook them at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the basket.
The tots are done when they are golden brown and cooked through. Season them with salt and serve!
Depending on your air fryer the cooking time will vary.
For the crispiest tater tots, cook them in an even layer so the air can circulate. You may need to air fry them in batches if you are making a big batch.
They’re best enjoyed hot and crispy from the air fryer!
Add a Dipping Sauce!
If you serve them as a snack or appetizer, don’t forget to add a sauce to go with them!
Main Dish Ideas
Want to serve them as a side dish? Here are some main dishes they go great with:
- Make some juicy Crock Pot Chicken Legs to go with your tots!
- Pair them with an easy Air Fryer Burger.
- Make some Tuna Melt Sandwiches to go with your crispy tater tots.
- They are great with my Crock Pot Ribs, too!
They’re simple but delicious! I know you will love cooking frozen tater tots in the air fryer – they are the best!
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Sweet Potato Fries are crispy and so delicious! You will love how easy they are to make.
- Skip the oven and make amazing Baked Potatoes in your air fryer! You can also use it to cook delicious Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- For a crunchy snack make homemade Sweet Potato Chips!
Love this recipe? I knew you would! Be sure and leave a five-star rating below!
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 32 oz frozen Tater Tots
- Cooking spray
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Then spread tater tots evenly on bottom of basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, shaking half way through cooking. They are done when they are cooked through and golden brown. Times will vary depending on air fryer.
- Remove tater tots and place on serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining tater tots.
- Serve immediately with ketchup, cheese, bacon or other condiments that you like