Craving a juicy, tender pork chop with a delicious breading? These Air Fryer Pork Chops are bursting with flavor from a Parmesan breading. The air fryer creates a crisp crust on all sides and the inside is still tender, juicy perfection. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Juicy, tender, breaded pork chops! Just the way they should be, right? Well, if you have an air fryer you can serve these beauties up for dinner in about 30 minutes! No preheating the oven and no worrying about overcooking them (dry pork chops are the worst!). All you do is bread them and pop them in the air fryer – they come out perfectly cooked every time.
We love pork chops and I’m always looking for new ways to prepare them for easy weeknight dinners. I was inspired by my oven pork chops and wondered how it’d work in the air fryer and they came out beautifully with a crispy Parmesan crust and so juicy and tender on the inside. In other words, delicious! And they are so easy – you are going to love this recipe! Serve them with some roasted sweet potatoes or glazed carrots for a delicious dinner your family will love.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pork Chops!
You will want boneless pork chops that are approximately 1″ thick. If you need to, you can pound them with a meat mallet so they are all the same thickness. This will ensure they cook evenly and fast.
The breading is so, so good. It’s a combination of dried breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika and other herbs and seasoning. As the pork chops cook the breading gets super crispy. It’s what I love best about the air fryer – it’s almost like you fried them, but without all the hot oil and splattering mess!
How to get juicy pork chops!
Once you have your ingredients it doesn’t take any time at all to get them ready for the air fryer:
- First, brush the chops with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika, garlic powder, parsley, and pepper. Coat each pork chop with the mixture.
Place the breaded pork chops in the air fryer. You will need to lay them in an even layer – don’t stack them otherwise they won’t cook evenly and the coating won’t get crispy. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to cook them in batches.
Turn the air fryer temperature to 360 degrees F and cook them for 14 to 16 minutes or until they are cooked through. If your chops are thicker than 1″ they will need more time. Once cooked, transfer them to a plate and cover them with foil. Let them rest for five minutes – this will allow the juices to redistribute and not run out when you cut into them.
How do you know when pork chops are cooked through?
The easiest way to know if they are done is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Insert it into the center of the pork chop and it should read 145°F.
Can I cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer?
Technically you can but for this recipe, I don’t recommend it. Since these are breaded you definitely want to use fresh or thawed ones otherwise they might not cook properly.
How much can you put in an air fryer?
It depends on the size of your air fryer, but you can usually fit up to two servings of meat at a time. For this recipe, the pork chops should be in an even layer with some space to spare so the air can circulate around them – that’s how you get the crispy crust. If you add too many at a time they won’t cook evenly and they won’t get that crispy crust!
You also don’t want to try and cook two different things at the same time. If you want to make a side dish, like my air fryer broccoli, you should cook the chops first and then keep them covered on a plate while you cook your side dish.
Make it a Complete Dinner with Some Side Dishes!
Here are some easy side dish recipes I love to make to go with these breaded pork chops!
- Baked potatoes are a simple side dish that everyone loves – I share all my secrets in making ones that are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside!
- My delicious roasted cauliflower is a quick and easy side dish that is healthy – it goes perfect with pork chops!
- If you want to keep with the Parmesan cheese theme make a batch of my Parmesan orzo – it’s a super simple pasta side dish that’s ready in 15 minutes!
- Or, treat yourself to some scalloped potatoes – so rich, cheesy and delicious!
These juicy breaded pork chops are so good – a perfect weeknight dinner! I think you’ll want to make them this week!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dinner!!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops ¾’’ - 1’’ thick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Mix Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, parsley, garlic powder and pepper together in a pie plate.
- Rub pork chops with olive oil.
- Dip each pork chop in the bread crumb mixture. Pat to make it stick if needed.
- Place pork chops in an Air Fryer making sure not to overlap. If you can't find them all in your air fryer basket without overlapping, cook them in batches. Turn air fryer to 360 degrees F and bake for 14-16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the air fryer, place on the plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.