Want garlic bread that is perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside then topped with melted cheese? The best way to make it is Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Bread! Butter, garlic and Mozzarella cheese on crusty bread that’s toasted in your Air Fryer.
If it’s pasta night at your house, you need to add a batch of this easy air fryer cheese bread on the side! It comes out perfectly toasted and cheesy.
We love this cheesy garlic bread with crockpot spaghetti, chicken Parmesan, and lasagna soup! It’s perfect for cleaning up all the sauce or for dunking. Sometimes I make it as an appetizer for parties, too.
Why This Recipe Works
- Air fryer cheesy garlic bread is easy to prep! Bread, cheese, butter, and a few pantry spices are all you need.
- You can easily customize it – I love it with mozzarella cheese, but you can use cheddar or other good melting cheese that you like.
- It saves room in the oven – when I bake a lasagna or other baked pasta dish, there’s not always room to make baked garlic bread. The air fryer saves the day!
- It tastes amazing. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Basically, the best cheese bread ever.
It’s not just for Italian night, either. This air fryer garlic bread goes with so many main dishes – I know it will be your go-to recipe once you try it.
- French bread loaf – You can also use Italian bread.
- Softened salted butter – if you only have unsalted butter, just add a few pinches of salt and mix it in. Make sure you use real butter and not margarine or a substitute for the best flavor!
- Garlic powder – I prefer dried because it is easy to mix evenly into the butter. If you want to use fresh chopped garlic, one large clove should work fine. Just mince it so it’s not in big pieces.
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese – A mixture of shredded Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, but you could use your favorites Italian-style shredded cheese or cheddar will work, too.
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Homemade Cheesy Bread in the Air Fryer
Mix the butter, garlic powder, both kinds of cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Slice the bread in half lengthwise so you have two long pieces. Slather the butter garlic cheese mixture over the top of each piece.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cut the bread pieces so they fit. You might have to toast them in batches, too.
Place the bread pieces in the air fryer and toast them for five minutes at 400°F.
When the bread is done, slice it into smaller pieces, garnish with parsley, and serve right away while it’s hot and crispy!
Make sure your bread is in a single layer and not touching so the air fryer has room to circulate the air. This will give this garlic bread it’s crispy exterior and soft inside!
Cooking it less time, about 3 minutes, will give it a softer outside, but cooking it about 5 minutes makes the outside golden crisp.
What bread to use for garlic bread?
The best options are either a French Loaf or French Baguette.
They are both hearty and will hold up to the cheese and butter plus, they have a chewy crust which gets nice and crispy in the air fryer.
A fresh bread will give you a softer texture and a day old bread gives you that nice crispy and chewy garlic bread.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
No not for this recipe! Just place the bread in the basket of the air fryer and five minutes or until lightly toasted.
How do I store leftover garlic bread?
If you have any leftovers place cooled bread in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Another option is to freeze leftover bread. The best option is to flash freeze the bread by placing it in a single layer on a sheet pan in the freezer. When it is frozen place it in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How do I reheat Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer?
To reheat leftover cheesy garlic bread that’s been stored in the refrigerator air fryer the bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bread is warmed through.
If you froze the leftover bread reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and the bread is warmed through.
Pair Cheesy Bread with These Main Dishes!
Here are a few more main dishes we love with this air fryer cheesy garlic bread!
- Sometimes I switch the cheese to cheddar and serve it with bowls of steaming hot Beef Stew.
- We love it with Baked Ravioli!
- It goes so well with so many kinds of soup – Wild Rice Soup, Zuppa Toscana, Chili, Beer Cheese Soup… the possibilities are endless!
- Or serve it alongside some Mississippi Pot Roast, Italian Meatloaf, or Hamburger Stroganoff.
This cheesy garlic bread is just another reason to love your air fryer! There won’t be a single piece left when you make it – it’s guaranteed to be a hit!
More Air Fryer Side Dishes
- I love to use my air fryer to cook frozen Tater Tots! It’s easier than the oven and faster, too.
- Make a batch of homemade Sweet Potato Fries. They are hot and crispy and so delicious!
- For an easy healthy side dish try my air fryer Asparagus or Broccoli. It cooks them perfectly every time.
- Quick and easy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is going to be your favorite way to make fresh sweet corn.
- Tender, crispy potatoes in the air fryer! These perfectly seasoned Air Fryer Potatoes are perfect roasted potatoes.
- Make these quick and easy Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls.
Don’t forget to comment below and let me know how much you love this recipe! If you post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics!
You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats. If you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
- 1 French baguette loaf
- ¼ cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic, salt, pepper and cheeses. Mix until combined.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and split open.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the top of each cut side of the baguette.
- Place the bread in a preheated Air Fryer basket and close it.
- Air fry bread for 5 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove bread from the air fryer, sprinkle with minced parsley, slice and serve immediately.