Blueberry Banana Bread
Classic Banana Bread that is loaded with juicy blueberries. This Blueberry Banana Bread is a quick bread that’s perfect for a snack or dessert warm out of the oven. Don’t forget to slather it with butter! Your family and friends will love this easy treat.
Looking for a delicious way to use fresh blueberries? This blueberry banana bread is the answer! This is an easy quick bread recipe that combines the best banana bread ever with blueberry bread for a soft, moist, and delicious quick bread full of fresh blueberry flavor.
You Will Love This Easy Recipe
Quick breads get their name for a reason – they’re easy to make! No yeast and no complicated steps.
I love to top this loaf with coarse sugar for a light and crunchy topping. You can also add nuts to the batter, so be sure to check out the pro tips at the end of the post!
I love this banana blueberry bread because you can serve it with breakfast with some scrambled eggs or as a dessert with some ice cream! Or, make yourself a latte and have a slice for an afternoon snack.
If you love blueberries and bananas this is the recipe for you. It’s delicious with just a pat of butter on top – I know you’re going to love it.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Whole milk
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe mashed bananas
- Fresh blueberries
- Coarse sugar for the topping
How to Make It
Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt
Beat: In a large bowl, beat the egg sugar and vegetable oil.
Mix: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the milk, lemon, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the coarse sugar over the top and bake the bread for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool: Place the pan on a baking rack and cool the bread before removing it.
Store: Keep the bread tightly wrapped, and it will keep well at room temperature for a few days. Or you can freeze it for up to a month.
Love nuts? You can add a ½ cup of chopped walnuts to the batter. Add them when you fold in the blueberries.
No lemon on hand? That’s okay! You can omit the lemon, and it won’t be a problem.
Don’t have a 9×5” pan? You can bake the batter in an 8×4” pan instead, but you will need to increase the baking time by a few minutes.
Two Tips for the BEST blueberry banana bread:
When you add the flour, don’t overmix! Mix just until the flour is absorbed. This will ensure you get a soft and tender crumb once the bread is baked.
I like to make this bread a day in advance and, once it’s cool, I wrap it and leave it at room temperature. Leaving it to sit allows the banana flavor to develop, so it tastes amazing.
If you’ve been wanting to upgrade banana bread adding some blueberries is the way to do it! Each slice is so pretty with the blueberries peeking through. Once you try this recipe, I think it will be your new favorite quick bread!
More Quick Bread Recipes
- When you have a lot of zucchini, you need to make my favorite Zucchini Banana Bread. It’s so delicious and combines two favorite recipes in one.
- My Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread is soft, tender, and bursting with cranberries!
- An easy Lemon Poppy Seed Bread topped with a delicious lemon glaze is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this recipe!
Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅔ c. fresh blueberries
- Coarse sugar optional topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the egg, sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix just until combined
- Then add the milk, lemon, juice, vanilla extract, and bananas until fully incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries and transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Top with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and remove from the pan.
- You can add up to ½ cup of walnuts to the bread.
- Can be baked in an 8×4-inch loaf pan but will need to increase bake time by a few minutes.
- Best after it sits overnight for the banana flavor to really deepen.
- Lemon juice may be omitted.
Leave a Comment