Learn how to make a delicious Caramel Latte at home with this easy recipe! Save money and time buy making this classic coffeehouse drink from scratch. With only a few ingredients is so easy and tasty.
Once you see how easy this caramel latte recipe is, you’ll skip the Starbucks drive-through! Trust me, I’ve saved some serious dollars making my own coffee drinks at home.
And the best news? It tastes just as good as that expensive coffee shop drink! Caramel combined with coffee and milk is about the best combination for a warm and cozy coffee drink. Add a banana muffin, and you’ll feel like you’re at a coffee shop!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is an easy caramel latte. Emphasis on easy! You don’t need a fancy coffee machine or any special equipment.
- I use some shortcuts like instant coffee, prepared whipped topping, and jarred caramel sauce to keep things simple. This makes it so easy to whip one up when you need an afternoon boost.
- This recipe is for two drinks, but you can double it if you want to serve more. Or, cut it in half to make a single drink just for you.
If you’re a coffee fan like me, you are going to love this easy recipe!
- Whole milk – You can also use 2% milk or your favorite nut milk.
- Instant coffee
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Caramel extract
- Reddi Whip – or make homemade whipped cream.
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping – or try using salted caramel sauce! You can also use homemade caramel sauce.
How to Make the Drinks
Combine the milk, instant coffee, and sugar in the saucepan. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
Once it starts to simmer, add the vanilla and caramel extracts.
Divide the coffee between two mugs. Add the Reddi-Wip and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
Sip and enjoy!
Enjoy It with These Treats
The only thing better than a coffee in the afternoon is a treat to go with it!
- Pair it with a slice of banana bread, zucchini bread, or pumpkin bread.
- Add muffin! I love blueberry, apple, and chocolate zucchini muffins.
- Or treat yourself to a homemade oatmeal raisin cookie or monster cookie.
You will love sipping on this caramel latte – no one will ever guess it’s not from a fancy coffee shop! You will love all the money you save making this classic drink at home. Give it a try this week!
Try These Coffee Drinks, Too!
- Dalgona Coffee is whipped coffee that is easy to make and a fun upgrade on a cup of coffee!
- For the best after-dinner drink you need to try Irish Coffees! Sweetened coffee spiked with whisky and topped with whipped cream is the perfect cozy drink.
- When it’s hot and you need a caffeine fix there’s nothing better than Cold Brew Coffee. You can skip the expensive coffee shop kind and make your own at home.
- Or, treat yourself to a Skinny Iced Vanilla Coffee – it’s light and refreshing!
Did you make it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Leave a comment and your five-star rating below – it will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy drink!!
- 3 c. whole milk
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- Reddi Wip
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- In a medium size saucepan heat milk, instant coffee and brown sugar, Packets on low until it starts to simmer.
- Stir in vanilla and caramel extract.
- Pour into coffee mugs and top with Reddi-Wip and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping if desired.