Buttered Noodles are an easy recipe with only four ingredients that everyone always loves! Toss noodles with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and butter. Perfect for fussy eaters and when you want a simple lunch or dinner.
Buttered noodles are a “no brainer” meal and side dish that you can throw together in just minutes! This classic comfort food has the perfect ratio of noodles to butter, and has just a touch of cheesy goodness. If you’ve got picky eaters in your house, this is just the dish to make for them.
But you can have garlic butter noodles with so many tasty dishes! They’re a great simple side dish when you’re short on time or want something easy to go with your main protein.
Eat them alongside air fryer meatballs or whip up a batch as a simple lunch one day. This dish is great for summer lunch option while the kids are off of school! Or even place them in a thermos and send them as a school lunch.
Why You’ll Love this Buttered Noodles Recipe
- You only need four simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. Nothing complicated and all fridge and pantry staples!
- It only takes 15 minutes to make easy buttered noodles. Quick and simple, just the thing for a busy day!
- Buttered noodles are versatile and can go with virtually any dish imaginable. Their mild, yet delicious, flavor is perfect to pair with anything you want.
Ingredients for Buttered Noodles
- Spaghetti noodles – Spaghetti noodles are my favorite for this recipe, but you can use any type that you want. Capellini, egg noodles, angel hair, elbow noodles, or anything else you have on hand.
- Garlic powder – You can leave this out if you prefer, but the slight touch of garlic really does add a lovely flavor.
- Butter – Salted and unsalted butter can both be used in this recipe. I prefer salted butter, but either will do!
- Parmesan cheese – This is the secret ingredient for the perfect butter noodles. Just a bit of cheese and this is one of the most addictively tasty dishes!
How to Make Buttered Noodles
- Prepare chosen noodles according to the instructions on the package. Cook them until al dente, then drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Add the cooked noodles to a large bowl. Then place cubed butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and reserved pasta water to the noodles.
- Toss to combine and until the butter and cheese melts. Make sure all noodles are covered in butter and cheese.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, then serve hot and enjoy!
What to Serve with Buttered Noodles
How to Store Leftover Buttered Noodles
FRIDGE: Place leftover buttered noodles in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZER: These leftovers can also be frozen! Store in freezer safe bags or an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw before reheating.
How to Reheat Butter Noodles
To reheat, place in the microwave or on the stove top until heated through. Feel free to add extra butter if the noodles are a bit dry!
Why are my buttered noodles sticky?
If you end up having gummy and sticky noodles, you likely overcooked them. Cook the noodles to al dente, following the instructions on the box. It’s important to cook them al dente because they’ll keep cooking a bit as they cool off. This keeps them from clumping together and getting gummy.
- For a bit more flavor, add salt to your pasta water before boiling the noodles.
- You can add pepper to your completed noodles if you’d like a small bit of kick and some extra flavor.
- Noodles store and reheat very well! Make a large batch to have them on hand for a week of lunches, snacks, or side dishes.
Buttered noodles made perfect with the super simple and easy recipe! Even if you’ve never had them, you’ll be making them over and over again after trying them.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of my family’s favorite pasta dishes to date! It’s creamy, spicy and loaded with incredible flavor. Such a tasty dish to make.
- Need more easy recipes for picky eaters? This One Pot Pizza Pasta is super simple and the clean-up won’t take long at all.
- Spice up your Tuesday taco night and make pasta instead! Taco Pasta can be made in one pot and is the most flavorful and cheesy dish ever.
- Pasta salads are one of the tastiest ways to prepare pasta, and my recipe for Italian Pasta Salad is proof!
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles or any pasta
- ½ cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley optional
- Prepare noodles according to package directions until pasta is al dente. Drain but reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked noodles, cubed butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine and allow the heat from the noodles to melt butter and cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!