With only 6 ingredients these Ham and Cheese Rollups are perfect for an easy appetizer or great for packing in lunches. Flour tortillas layered with a ranch cream cheese spread, deli ham and sliced cheese. Packed with flavor and so delicious.
Lunch time is made extra tasty when these ham and cheese rollups are in the mix! With a cream cheese ranch spread and plenty of cheese and deli ham, you’re not gonna want to go back to a regular sandwich or wrap when you try these.
My kids get so excited when I pack these tortilla rollups in their lunches, and I can see why. It’s easy to eat five or six of these before you realize you’re plowing through them. They’re that yummy! But hey, they’re small so 5 or 6 really isn’t even a whole tortilla.
Ham and cheese is just a match made in heaven. And when you have good recipes like this and my ham and cheese sliders, it’s just that much more delicious!
Why You’ll Love Ham and Cheese Rollups
- This no-bake recipe is a great way to conserve oven space or keep the house cool during the heat of the summer. No need to power up the oven to make a tasty dish!
- You only need 6 ingredients to make delicious ham and cheese tortilla rollups.
- They are a wonderful shareable recipe that you can bring to potlucks and parties. Plus, they’re super delicious and always a crowd hit.
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Tortillas – Use any type of tortilla you want. I recommend flour tortillas, but you can use whole wheat tortillas or spinach tortillas for a healthier option.
- Deli ham – I recommend getting thick sliced deli ham. It tends to hold up better when you roll the tortillas and cup the roll-ups into slices.
- Sliced cheese – Choose whatever type of cheese you want! Cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese, and Monterey Jack are some of the best options.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese is the magic in this recipe! You’ll make the most delicious and creamy spread to use on ham and cheese roll-ups, it makes them so delicious.
- Mayonnaise – Even if you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, trust me you’ll want to use it in this recipe.
- Ranch dressing mix – Grab a packet of ranch dressing mix to season these ham and cheese rollups to perfection!
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Measuring spoons
- Ice cream scoop
- Silicone spatula
How to Make Ham and Cream Cheese Rollups
Using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until soft and creamy.
Add the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix and combine until it is thoroughly mixed.
Place flour tortillas onto a clean surface. Then, divide the ranch cream cheese mixture evenly onto the tortillas.
Spread the cream cheese evenly over the tortillas. Once the ranch cream cheese mixture is spread, lay 3 slices of ham on each tortilla. Top with 3 slices of cheese and repeat the ham and cheese layers.
Tightly roll up each tortilla. Then, using a sharp knife slice into ½ inch thick pinwheels. You should get about 8-10 slices from each tortilla.
If you’re ready to serve, place on a platter and eat up! Otherwise, store in fridge until ready.
What to Serve with Ham and Cheese Rollups
I personally love eating ham and cheese tortilla rollups with more snack like foods. Deviled eggs are super tasty, and so is this dill potato salad. Make a lunch with these rollups by serving some air fryer sweet potato chips and fruit salad with your roll ups.
How to store Ham and Cheese rollups
FRIDGE: Place leftover rolls into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Keep in mind, the longer they sit the more soggy the tortillas will get. You can also store a full tortilla roll (unsliced) tightly in plastic wrap.
FREEZER: Place rolls in an airtight container, with parchment paper in between layers, or a freezer safe bag. Store in the freezer for up to a month. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before eating.
Can I add anything else to ham and cheese roll ups?
As long as you don’t overload your tortillas, feel free to add any of your favorite sandwich toppings. Thinly sliced onions, spinach, green onion, and bell pepper are great options. Sliced pepperocini peppers and pickles would be tasty too, but keep in mind they could make the tortillas soggy more quickly.
Can I bake ham and cheese roll-ups?
This ham and cheese rollups recipe is intended to be eaten cold. However, I don’t see why you couldn’t bake it if you wanted! They may end up a little messy though. If you’re looking for a baked ham and cheese recipe, try my delicious ham and cheese pinwheels.
- Don’t add too much cream cheese mixture or it will end up squeezing out the sides when you cut the rollups into slices.
- Feel free to use different cheese for each rollup. This will give you more variety! You can also use different types of lunchmeat.
- Use a really sharp knife to slice your roll ups so they don’t get smushed as you slice.
Ham and cream cheese rollups are so easy to make! Keep the ingredients on hand and whip these up whenever you’ve got a hankering.
More Ham and Cheese Recipes You’ll Love
- Ham and Cheese Egg Muffins are super easy and perfect for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
- Make some Crock-Pot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on a cold day. They are so comforting a “stick to your ribs”.
- This Cheesy Ham Casserole is an easy dinner recipe that you’ll love!
- Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole is essentially just a fancy way to eat ham and cheese in a delicious and easy casserole.
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz each, softened
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 package ranch dressing mix 0.4 oz dry
- 30 pieces thin sliced deli ham amount will depend on how thick you want it
- 30 pieces thinly sliced cheese Colby jack, American or your favorite, amount will depend on how thick you want it
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Then add mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix and combine until full mixed.
- Lay out the flour tortillas and divide the ranch cream cheese mixture evenly between the flour tortillas.
- Spread filling out evenly over the flour tortillas.
- Then lay 3 slices of ham evenly on top of tortilla and top with cheese 3 slices. Repeat ham and cheese layers.
- Tightly roll tortilla up. Slice into pieces about ½ inch thick, you should get 8-10 slices from each tortilla.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Should be served same day for best results.