Turn your pantry staples into this delicious Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie for dinner! It’s a classic dinner made with Bisquick mix, ground beef, cheese and eggs. It will quickly become a family favorite.
This cheeseburger pie recipe is one of my favorite weeknight dinner recipes! It’s so simple to make and has all of the flavors of a cheeseburger without making patties.
The ground beef filling is the burger part for this dish, and a Bisquick topping is the bun! Add some cheese, and you get a great family-friendly dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
- This dish is sometimes called impossible cheeseburger pie because it’s so easy to make – it’s ready in about 45 minutes, and most of that time is hands-off baking time.
- You can use lean ground beef to make it or switch it up and make ground turkey cheeseburger pie!
- You can make it up to a day in advance and bake it later. This makes it a great meal to take to a friend or family that needs a hot meal.
- It’s a complete meal all on its own, or you can add a side dish like French fries or a veggie like air fryer broccoli.
If you’re looking for easy dinners the whole family will love, you have to give this cheeseburger pie a try!
What is Cheeseburger Pie Made of?
- Ground beef – you can also use ground turkey!
- Diced onion – Buy a bag of the diced frozen onion and have on hand in your freezer.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Shredding a block of cheese always gives you the best meltability. Mix it up with your favorite type of cheese.
- Milk – We used 2% milk, but any kind should work.
- Seasonings – A mix of salt, black pepper and garlic.
- Bisquick – I wouldn’t recommend substituting this with pancake mix as it will give you a sweeter flavor.
- Large eggs – Room temperature eggs will mix easier!
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s cooked through, drain off the grease and spread the meat mixture in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
In a small bowl, whisk the milk, the seasonings, Bisquick, and eggs until just combined.
Pour the Bisquick batter over the top.
Bake the cheeseburger pie for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Take it out of the oven, slice, and serve!
Yes, you can assemble the pie a day in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator. You might need to add a few minutes of baking time if you do this.
The top should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the Bisquick topping should come out clean.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container. They should keep well for three to four days in the refrigerator.
Make this impossibly easy cheeseburger pie for your next burger night and everyone will love it! It’s hearty, satisfying, and the perfect meal when you’re craving some comfort food.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Goulash is a hearty pasta dinner that is so easy to make! It has tons of flavor from a combination of seasonings and is always a family favorite.
- Put a twist on taco night and try my Taco Ring. It has a delicious beef fillings with cheese and wrapped up in crescent rolls for a fun take on tacos.
- Crock Pot Chili Mac is an easy comfort food dinner the whole family will love!
- Mini Meatloaf are the best weeknight meal! They cook faster than a regular meatloaf but have all the delicious savory flavors.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onions until cooked through. Drain off grease. Spread ground beef evenly into the bottom of the prepared pie pan. Sprinkle it with shredded cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the milk, seasonings, Bisquick and eggs until just combined. Pour mixture over the top of the ground beef.
- Place the pie pan in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.