Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
This easy Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is loaded with cheese and so quick and delicious. It’s an easy side dish recipe for any night of the week, but great for serving for holidays or for potlucks! The finishing touch on this Hash Brown Casserole is the buttery Rice Krispies that make it the BEST ever! This recipe is also frequently referred to as “Funeral Potatoes”.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
I know you guys love my recipes for Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes, Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Crock Pot Cheesy Ranch Potatoes, right? So I have one more for you! What’s not to love about a great hashbrown casserole?!!
So I know you’ll love this one too! Cheese and potatoes. In the same dish. Did I mention lots and lots and lots of cheese? How can you go wrong? I’m saying you probably can’t, but in this dish, you for sure won’t.
Then you top it with just a little bit of crunch with the Krispies. Mmmmm Heaven on earth. Seriously. Also, I think I’m a carbaholic, but at least I’ve admitted it. Isn’t that the first step?
I bet you are falling in love just I like might have. Never mind. I did fall in love. I think I want more.
I promise you that if you try these potatoes you won’t be disappointed. Wait do I say that in every post? I suppose I do because I wouldn’t share it with you if I wasn’t in love with the dish! Enjoy!
Hash Brown Casserole
My husband loves this casserole so much he just made a delicious version to make on our smoker! You have to check out this Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole if you have a pellet grill!
What do I need to make Hashbrown Casserole
- cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- frozen shredded hash browns
- Rice Krispies
- Parmesan cheese
This Hashbrown Casserole is one of my go to side dish recipes when I host company for holidays or parties. It’s quick and easy and always seems to be a hit.
A lot of people refer to it as Funeral Potatoes, but I never did when I was growing up so for me, it will stay Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole!
If you are hosting company please feel free to make it the day before hand and store it in the fridge. I usually keep the topping off until right before I bake it.
When it’s time to prepare the meal just take it out of the fridge, put the topping on and bake it. It will take about 15 minutes extra time to bake if it’s take out of the fridge due to the fact it’s cold.
How to make Hash Brown Casserole
Of course, we love all the cheese, right? But another thing you’ll love about this casserole is that it’s quick and easy to put together and then simply baked in the oven – I love that, you will too!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese and 1/4 c. butter in a large bowl. Add the hash browns and stir well.
- Pour into a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish.
- Next combine the Rice Krispies, Parmesan and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
More potato casserole recipes to love!
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Egg Casserole
- Funeral Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potato Casserole
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe
What to serve with Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Honey Baked Ham
- The BEST Green Bean Casserole!
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Greek Salad
- Beer Bread
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie
I know you’re going to love this and everyone will love it! Be sure and comment below with a five-star rating so I get to hear what you think!!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 1 can 10 3/4 oz cream of chicken soup
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 package 30 oz frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 c. corn flakes
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablepsoons butter melted
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese and butter. Stir in hash browns.
- Transfer to a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish.
- Combine the corn flakes, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over the top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Leave a Comment