These Dessert Nachos are just like eating at a restaurant! When I had these at my favorite local restaurant I knew I had to recreate them at home. Layers of homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips piled with sliced bananas, strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream. Then drizzled with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Dig a chip and start eating!
I’ve been dreaming of this recipe for a very, very long time. It’s inspired by a local Italian restaurants dessert nachos. I was dying to recreate them at home except it never happened. You know how that goes right?
Good intentions sometimes never happen. Don’t you hate how that goes?
Imagine if you will, piles of cinnamon chips topped with ice cream and fruit then a layer of ice cream toppings. Perfect. Amazing. Sinful.
Have I tempted you yet? I’m thinking so! 😋
Dessert Nacho Recipe
I would ALWAYS pick this restaurant to go to on my birthday because you got a free dessert and you can bet I picked these dessert nachos.
Now that it’s closed I’ll need to make my own birthday dessert. Dare I say, I love these even more than birthday cake! Plus, they are way easier which is always a win.
Another great thing is that there are enough to share with anyone celebrating with you!
What do I need to make Dessert Nachos
- flour tortillas
- cinnamon sugar
- ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- caramel topping
Does it have to be an after-dinner treat? Nah! These nachos are good enough you’ll enjoy them any time of day! I mean just look at this platter of nachos!
What toppings are good on dessert nachos?
- fruit – blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, bananas or raspberries – no rules here, use your favorite!
- whipped cream, Oreo cookies, M&M’s, or mini chocolate chips!
- sauce – hot fudge, dulce de leche, chocolate syrup, chocolate or strawberries sauce. Don’t forget butterscotch!
- nuts – pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts
What’s your favorite?!!
How to make Dessert Nachos Recipe
- Preheat the oven
- Brush the tortilla with melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar over each tortilla and cut into wedges.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet sugar side up.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown. Remove and all too cool.
- Arrange cinnamon chips on a plate. Top with ice cream, strawberries, banana, chocolate syrup and caramel ice cream topping.
- Serve and enjoy!
More easy and delicious dessert recipes to enjoy!
- Knock You Naked Bars
- Loaded Apple Nachos Recipe
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Apple Bars with Caramel Frosting
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS DESSERT NACHOS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! 😋Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!!
Dessert Nachos Recipe
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Mission Super Soft Fajita Tortillas
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 8 tsp Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 c. strawberries chopped
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 c. ice cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar over each tortilla. Use pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet sugar side up. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed up and just turning golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Arrange cooled cinnamon chips on a plate. Top with ice cream, strawberries, banana, chocolate syrup and caramel ice cream topping.