This combination might be strange, but don’t worry this Dill Pickle Dip recipe is delicious and so simple. It’s ready in under five minutes and is perfect for bringing to parties. Grab your potato chips and dig in!
It might seem like a weird thing, but this Pickle Dip is an amazing party appetizer! It’s so easy to make – like five minutes easy – and the flavors are so good. Think tangy, sour, and a little sweet. Serve it with pretzels and it’s delicious!
The combination of tangy cream cheese and sour cream with sweet and sour dill pickles is irresistible. I’m telling you, if you like pickles you are going to LOVE this dip! If you’ve ever had Pickle Roll-Ups (another favorite appetizer!) this dip is sort of like that except everything is mixed up together in a creamy dip.
It’s the best appetizer to make for a party because it tastes even better if you make it ahead. I love a great make-ahead appetizer especially one that’s easy to transport if you’re going to someone else’s house.
I’ve made this Pickle Dip for game-day parties, holiday parties and it’s great for BBQs and potlucks. It’s so easy to make you’ll have time to make even more snacks! If you want more ideas be sure to check out my Quick and Easy Dip Recipes post that has lots of other recipes.
Ready to make this easy Pickle Dip? You’re going to love it!
Ingredients & Two Easy Steps to Make Dill Pickle Dip!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make it and it only takes a few minutes to mix it up.
- Softened cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
- Chopped dill pickles
- Fresh dill
- Dill pickle juice
Once you have all of your ingredients prepped and ready it’s only two steps to bring it all together. So easy!
- Mix the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix again, and you’re done!
Did you forget to soften the cream cheese? No worries, just cut the block into cubes and mix it up with the sour cream. Just mix on low until the cream cheese starts to soften it and then you can increase the speed to finish. It will take a little longer to mix when it’s cold, but it will work!
To dress it up, I like to garnish the finished dip with some chopped pickles and fresh dill but this is totally optional.
Serve it with all the Dippers!
You’re going to want some dippers for this Dill Pickle Dip. Here are some ideas!
- Sliced bread like a baguette (toasted or not toasted works!)
- Potato chips
- Veggies like carrots, celery, sliced cucumbers, even broccoli and cauliflower florets are great!
When I’m feeling basic I like to just serve it with a pile of pretzels, but you can also get fancy and create a whole platter with a variety of dippers so everyone has a choice.
Ways to Switch Dill Pickle Dip Up!
This Pickle Dip is so versatile and you can easily customize it with different ingredients.
- Add some chopped ham, corned beef, or dried beef to add a little meaty flavor and make it more like our favorite Pickle Roll Ups!
- You can switch up the pickles, too! If you have a favorite kind use them in place of the dill pickles. There are so many different kinds of pickles to choose from at the store.
- Switch out the dill for chopped green onions for a different twist or use them both.
- I’ve even seen it with some shredded cheddar cheese mixed in, too!
Can I make it ahead?
Yes, you can make this easy dip ahead! In fact, it tastes even better when it’s had time to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. All of the flavors will fully develop so it tastes amazing. You can make Pickle Dip up to 8 hours in advance.
How long does it keep?
The leftover dip will keep for a day or two in the refrigerator. It might get a little watery because the pickles will release moisture as the dip sits so it’s best enjoyed within one day of making it.
What are some other great party appetizers?
The best appetizers are ones that are easy to make and delicious! Here are a few more of my favorite recipes you might like to try, too:
- You only need three ingredients to make my sweet and spicy Grape Jelly Meatballs. Plus, they cook in the crockpot!
- You can’t go wrong with Homemade Salsa. It’s just like the kind you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- For game-days, I love to make my Bacon Ranch Football Cheeseball. It’s another snack you can make ahead!
- Instead of ordering out for pizza make my Pizza Monkey Bread instead! It’s a great party appetizer.
I hope you give this Dill Pickle Dip a try for your next party – It’s always a hit when I make it!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel and click the BELL icon to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!!? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 c. sour cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 c. chopped dill pickles
- 2 tsp fresh dill minced
- 1 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- Optional: Minced dill pickle and dill to garnish
- Dippers: Pretzels vegetables and potato chips.
- In a mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Serve with pretzels, vegetables and chips.