With only three ingredients these Grape Jelly Meatballs are a quick and easy appetizer to make for the holidays. The best part is they are made in the crock pot so they are hands off and only require a couple of minutes of prep time. Make these for your next party!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Time for the holidays! Time for all the appetizers!
That means hustle and bustle and let’s get real, stress. That’s why I’m here to show you one way to make it less stressful. The answer is these delicious Grape Jelly Meatballs that are made in your crock pot.
These meatballs only require three ingredients (YES!) and are hands off. Perfect if you are hosting a party because you don’t need to do anything with them. I know you have five minutes to make them! I love using frozen meatballs because they make thing so SIMPLE, plus they taste great. I always make sure to grab a bag of my favorite Homestyle Rosina Meatballs when making this recipe.
I also love taking these to parties because they stay nice and warm in your crock pot during the travel time. Then simply plug the crock pot in when you get to the party and they hold great. The guests can munch on them all night long.
That’s right, only three ingredients needed!
- Meatballs – I pick up my favorite Rosina Homestyle frozen meatballs for this recipe.
- Grape Jelly – This adds a bit of sweetness to these meatballs.
- Chili Sauce – Usually you find this in a glass bottle by the ketchup in your grocery store. It will add a perfect amount of tang to your sauce.
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
I assure you, no matter what your skill level, you can make this quick and easy recipe!
- Combine the grape jelly and chili sauce in the slow cooker. Stir or whisk to combine. Lumps are ok, they will melt when you cook the meatballs.
- Add your meatballs to the slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. I recommend stirring a few times if you can during the cooking time.
- Serve! I turn my slow cooker to warm to hold them while the party is going on.
Tips and Tricks!
- Prefer to make these in the oven? No problem! Mix the grape jelly and chili sauce in a baking dish then toss the frozen meatballs with the mixture. Place the baking dish in an oven that’s been preheated to 350 degrees F for about an hour or until meatballs are warmed through.
- Hosting a large party? Simply double the recipe and make sure you use a 6 quart slow cooker. I would recommend adding about an hour to cooking time.
- Nervous about chili sauce? You can substitute BBQ Sauce for the chili sauce. Both are delicious!
- Want a thicker sauce? Remove 1/4 c. of the jelly sauce from the slow cooker at the end of the cooking time. Place it in a saucepan on the stove. Whisk in a tablespoon of corn starch and cook over low heat until it thickens. Stir this back into the sauce to thicken it up.
- Craving these for dinner? Simply serve them over rice with a roasted vegetable and make it a meal.
- Grab some appetizer picks to serve your meatballs with.
How to store leftovers?
Let the meatballs cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. They will last for about 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave, oven or on the stove top.
You can also freeze these meatballs. Just place your cooled meatballs in an airtight container then place in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then transfer to the slow cooker or warm in the oven or in a saucepan over medium-low heat. You could also use a microwave to warm them.
Creative Uses for Leftovers!
Everyone dreads leftover holiday food, right?
No need for that! These Grape Jelly Meatballs make a mean meatball sandwich if you have leftovers.
You could also serve them for dinner. Just make a batch of rice and serve them over rice and make it a meal. Pair it with a tossed salad!
Looking for more great holiday appetizers?
Make sure you check out the new line of Rosina Artisan Meatballs that are perfect for the holidays.
The flavors include Pineapple Chorizo, Smoky Maple Bacon and Tuscan-Style Veal.
Dying to try those Smoke Maple Bacon meatballs for breakfast! Think holiday brunches…. how delicious would those be in Breakfast Enchiladas?
Crock Pot Sweet Bacon Smokies are Delicious Smokies Covered in Butter and Brown Sugar and Loaded with Bacon! Perfect Appetizer for Anytime!
Quick and easy recipes for watching the big game that are made in your Crock Pot. Everything from dips, meatballs, snack mixes, sandwiches, chili and more.
Visit EasyHomeMeals.com for more holidays recipes and tips!
- 26 ounces frozen meatballs
- 2 cups grape jelly
- 12 ounces chili sauce (1 bottle)
- Place the chili sauce and grape jelly in crock pot. Whisk ingredients until mostly smooth. You can warm the jelly in the microwave a bit to help it whisk easier.
- Add meatballs to crock pot and stir to coat with jelly mixture.
- Turn the crock pot to low heat and heat for 3 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or over rice as a main dish.