With only three ingredients these Grape Jelly Meatballs are a quick and easy appetizer to make for the holidays. The best part is they are made in the crock pot so they are hands off and only require a couple of minutes of prep time. Make these for your next party!
Grape jelly meatballs are a classic popular recipe that everyone should try at some point! This super easy recipe only requires three simple ingredients and a crock pot. Doesn’t get much better than that!
We use this grape jelly meatball recipe as an appetizer and as a meal on busy weeknights. The fact that I can just dump the ingredients in the slow cooker was the selling point for me the first time I tried them.
I love this recipe for many of the same reason I love crock pot chicken wings! All I have to do is throw everything together during the early afternoon, and it’s ready to go by dinner time. Slow cooker meals really save my bacon during those extra busy weeks. It’s like having an assistant in the kitchen! Only I don’t have to pay them.
Why You’ll Love Grape Jelly Meatballs
- This is a great recipe to make in a pinch. Keep the ingredients on hand in your pantry and freezer and then just pop it in the slow cooker when you need a meal or appetizer.
- Anyone can make easy crockpot meatballs! Just dump the ingredients in and press start. Your kids could have dinner ready to go by simply following this recipe!
- All you need to make this quick dish is 3 simple ingredients. Nothing flashy or fancy, just a few ingredients that make the most incredible flavor together!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs – This recipe needs no less than 26 ounces of frozen meatballs. So grab your favorite bag of frozen meatballs and that’s all you need!
- Grape jelly – Make sure that you buy enough grape jelly for 2 cups worth. Any grape jelly will work, so just choose your favorite!
- Chili sauce – Chili sauce is what gives these meatballs the spicy kick. Spicy sweet meatballs are so yummy.
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Pour two cups of grape jelly and twelve ounces of chili sauce into the bottom of a large crock pot.
- Whisk the ingredients inside the crock pot until smooth. To help it mix a bit more easily, microwave the jelly before adding it to the crock pot.
- Allow the meatballs to cook on low heat for about 3 hours.
- Once cooked through, serve while hot! Place toothpicks in them to serve as an appetizer or serve with your favorite side dishes as a main dish.
What to Serve with Grape Jelly Meatballs
How to Store Leftover Grape Jelly Meatballs
FRIDGE: Place leftovers into an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
FREEZER: Leftover slow cooker grape jelly meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Leftover Meatballs
To reheat, place on the stove top, in the oven, or the microwave until the meatballs reach a safe internal temperature and the sauce is smooth again.
Why do people put grape jelly in meatballs?
The idea behind these meatballs with grape jelly is essentially to create a sweet and savory flavor profile to build like. Much like the Asian dish sweet and sour chicken or the classic American flavor of sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, grape jelly meatballs are a sweet and spicy dish.
The sugary content of the jelly blends wonderfully with the meatballs and chili sauce, creating a tasty contrast in flavors!
Can I use homemade meatballs in this recipe?
Of course! If you’d like to make homemade meatballs for this recipe, go for it. Bake them first and then add to the crockpot with grape jelly and chili sauce. You may need to adjust the cooking time in the crock pot, so just keep an eye on them and see what works.
- Add some extra flavor with garlic and onion powder, fresh minced garlic, a dash of red pepper, or anything else you want to experiment with!
- At the halfway mark, give the meatballs a good stir to make sure each meatball gets down into the sauce.
- I highly recommend cooking on low and not on high. Cooking on high may scald parts of the sauce if left too long.
These sticky sweet meatballs are dangerously good. You’ll be sad when the batch is gone! But that’s ok, because it is so easy to just make more!
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese and way better than that boxed stuff you can buy at the store! This is an easy way to make it from scratch and it’s crazy good.
- Need a hearty meal on a cold winter night? Try out this Crock Pot Beef Stew.
- Make some delicious tacos with this Crock Pot Pork Carnitas recipe.
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana is a great copycat recipe that you can make in your own kitchen.
- 26 ounces frozen meatballs
- 2 cups grape jelly
- 12 ounces chili sauce (1 bottle)
- Place the chili sauce and grape jelly in crock pot. Whisk ingredients until mostly smooth. You can warm the jelly in the microwave a bit to help it whisk easier.
- Add meatballs to crock pot and stir to coat with jelly mixture.
- Turn the crock pot to low heat and heat for 3 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or over rice as a main dish.