Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Moist, Quick and Easy Muffin Recipe! Loaded with chocolate and the very best way to sneak vegetables into your diet!
Hi guys. I feel like I could talk about summer all day every day and my deep, deep affection for it. The hot temperatures, lazy weekends hanging out with friends, family get togethers, and trying to sneak ice cream as often as possible, is certainly a way of living I could get used to. Also, the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables is one of the best things about summer, in my opinion.
No matter what season we’re in though, I never tire of chocolate in any shape, form or size. So when I had already made and devoured a good amount of zoodles (zucchini noodles), I knew that I had to find more ways than one to use zucchini in order to enjoy one of our favorite vegetables. Naturally, my mind wandered to baking and went straight for, you guessed it, zucchini muffins. I knew two things for certain – the muffins needed to really showcase the use of zucchini and include lots of chocolate. We love these muffins for breakfast, but if you’re looking for a dessert my Chocolate Zucchini Cake is always a hit, too!
When I took my first bite, I was beyond excited. I always forgot just how light and moist baked goods turn out simply by adding shredded zucchini. You really can’t taste it and apart from spotting a couple of green flecks here and there, you’d never guess it’s even in there.
Shredding your zucchini will be the hardest part, by the way. As long as you can mix and stir, you will have no problem baking your own batch of homemade zucchini muffins. The recipe is one of my go-to muffin recipes as it comes together so quickly and always makes the very best muffins. I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t approve of them.
Hope you all enjoy!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 finely shredded zucchini on the small to medium size
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Add skim milk and stir until combined. Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in muffin pan until they’re safe to handle, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.