Now you can make Olive Garden Breadsticks at home! These breadsticks are light, fluffy and seasoned perfectly for that melt in your mouth experience that you love. Make this recipe at home and skip going to the restaurant!
Olive Garden Breadsticks
I LOVE Olive Garden. It’s a good thing that I live two hours from the closest one or I would have gained about 50 lbs and spent mucho dinero at that place by now.
I can’t say I’m in love with any particular pasta dish. It’s the breadsticks and salad that do me in. I love bread, what can I say?!! Beer Bread, Rosemary Bread (this is the Macaroni Grill bread recipe, YUM!) It’s the perfect accompaniment to any meal!
Now I’ve found the perfect recipe to cure my breadstick craving when it comes to Olive Garden. I’m just going to have to find the dressing and salad recipe for Olive Garden now!
I think the key ingredient in these breadsticks is the sea salt so this is your warning if you don’t have sea salt go buy some!
Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
These are super simple to make. Remember I’m scared of yeast!
They do take a while to prepare as they have to rise etc. so please plan ample time. This is your warning because one night I was in a hurry and attempted these and it backfired.
Good thing I gave them a second chance when I had more time!
Also, the recipe makes quite a few breadsticks, so I halved the recipe.
How do you store homemade breadsticks?
This recipe does make quite a few, so if you do have leftovers and need to store them allow them to cool completely. Then wrap them in foil and again in plastic and store them in the refrigerator.
How do you reheat bread?
Wrap the breadsticks in foil to protect the crust. This will keep the crust from burning but allow the inside to reheat. If you reheat it without wrapping it in foil first, the breadsticks will be hard – ew!!
What ingredients do I need for this Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
- sea salt
- garlic powder
Start by giving yourself plenty of time. Between making the bread, allowing time for the dough to rise and baking it takes almost an hour.
And it’s totally worth it!
Remember you can do other things while the dough is rising like make your main dish or laundry 😉
The time needed is not all hands on.
How to make Olive Garden Breadstick Recipe
- Pour the water into a stand mixer with the sugar and yeast, allow to sit until frothy.
- Add salt, butter, and 2 cups of flour.
- Using a dough hook, mix it on low. Add the remaining flour a half cup at a time, until dough scrapes the sides of the bowl clean.
- Mix the dough about 5 minutes on medium speed, until its smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough out into a long log, cut the dough into 12-14 pieces.
- Roll those pieces into about 6-inch logs. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, and lay the breadsticks out leaving about 2 inches of space between each one.
- Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 degrees. Let them rise for about 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, brush them with the 1 1/2 T of melted butter and sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Bake the breadsticks and bake or until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and brush with the remaining butter/garlic mixture.
Serve while hot! So yummy!!
What to serve with Olive Garden Breadsticks?
- Olive Garden Salad of course!
- The BEST Homemade Lasagna!
- No Bake Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe –
YUM! What a meal, right?!!!
Be sure to give this recipe a try! If you love this sliders recipe as much as we do (pretty sure you will!), be sure to leave a five-star rating below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram either, I’d love to see pictures of your good eats! @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS OLIVE GARDEN BREADSTICKS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 4 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp butter Melted & Divided
- Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- For the dough, pour the water into a stand mixer with the sugar and yeast, let that sit and froth for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Mix the dough on low. Add the rest of the flour a half cup at a time, until dough scrapes the sides of the bowl clean. Mix the dough about 5 minutes on medium speed, until its soft and easy to work with.
- Roll the dough out into a long log, cut the dough into 12-14 pieces. Roll those pieces into about 6 inch long snakes. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray, and lay the breadsticks out leaving about 2 inches between each one. Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 degrees. Let them rise for about 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, brush them with the 1 1/2 T of melted butter and sprinkle them with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. While they are baking combine the rest of the melted butter with 1/4 t garlic powder. When the breadsticks are golden brown, remove them from the oven and brush them with the butter/garlic mixture.