Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
Delicious, easy to make Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples are tender apple slices in a sweet brown sugar sauce with cinnamon and nutmeg. There’s so many ways to enjoy this tasty side dish like spooning it over pork chops or loin, topping a bowl of vanilla ice cream or even alongside fried chicken for dinner!
Cooked apples made easy in your Instant Pot! This recipe is so simple and always turns out perfect – you are going to love it!
You probably already know I LOVE my Instant Pot! It’s right up there with my crockpot as a most-used appliance in my kitchen. There are so many things you can make in it and today it’s all about cinnamon apples.
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s fast! In less than 30 minutes you can have a batch of cooked apples ready to serve.
- It’s easy! Just prep the apples and combine all of the ingredients in the pressure cooker and let it do all the work.
- It’s delicious! There are quite a few ways to use these cinnamon apples for both sweet and savory dishes. I’m sharing some ideas in this post.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries! You should try my Crock Pot Cinnamon Apples – they are just as easy.
The Best Apples to Use
For this recipe, I like to use Granny Smith apples. They are really tart but combined with sugar and cinnamon you get the perfect sweet and tart apple flavor. They also hold their shape when you cook them.
You can use other varieties of apples but some are sweeter, so keep that in mind. If you use a sweeter apple, you might want to reduce the sugar in the recipe.
Spices: We’re using cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor.
Sweetener: I like a combo of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
Thickener: The apples cook in a delicious sauce that’s thickened with cornstarch.
Fat: Some butter adds a little richness and also gives the sauce a velvety texture.
How to Make Instant Pot Apples
Peel and slice the apples very thin. Place them in the Instant Pot.
Whisk the cornstarch with water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the IP and stir to combine.
Add both kinds of sugars, spices, and butter. Stir to coat the apples.
Secure the lid, close the steam vent, and set the high-pressure cook setting to cook for 10 minutes.
When the timer goes off, do a quick release and open the steam vent. Do this carefully because the steam will be very hot.
Take off the lid, stir the apples and serve!
Different Ways to Serve Them
They’re not just for dessert! These Instant Pot cinnamon apples can be used as a topping or side dish for sweet and savory recipes. Here are some ideas you might like to try!
- Sweet: They are delicious as a topping for ice cream, a slice of cake, or even over a slice of banana bread or zucchini bread. You can also pair them with some homemade whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce!
- Savory: Apple pairs really well with pork so try them as a topping or side dish for pork chops or pork loin. They would be a delicious side dish for fried chicken, too!
You can make them ahead and keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Warm them up on the stove or in the microwave.
You can also freeze cooked apples. Allow them to cool and then store them in a freezer container. They will keep well for up to three months.
The combo of apples and cinnamon is the best! This is such an easy recipe and a great addition to desserts and main dishes. If you go apple picking this fall be sure to give this recipe a try!
More Easy Recipes
- Pumpkin Butter is a really easy recipe that’s great for spreading on toast, muffins, and English muffins!
- Make a batch of homemade Apple Pie Spice to use in all of your favorite fall desserts!
- Give your favorite coffee drink an upgrade with a splash of Vanilla Syrup!
- Tender apples and pears baked with a brown sugar oat topping make a for a perfect Apple Pear Crisp.
I hope you love this easy recipe as much as we do! If you try and love it, please rate it! A five-star rating below will make my day!
If you take a pic, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your delicious dish!!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
- 6 Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter cubed
- 1 c. water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Place the apples in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter to Instant Pot. Stir to combine the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the water and cornstarch, whisk to combine then add to the Instant Pot. Stir mixture to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock and make sure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Press the manual button, high pressure and set the time to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking, do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Once the valve drops, open the Instant Pot, gently stir the apples and serve.
Leave a Comment