Thanks to this wonderful sponsorship from Albion Fit I felt the urge to make a treat, Lemon Cool Whip Cookies, that was “Healthified”. Notice the equations. I don’t think cookies every truly become healthy but this one is lightened up a bit, plus it’s light and airy, yet cake like in texture. Let’s just say my hubby who swears he doesn’t like lemon devoured these. He went as far as to have a few the next morning on his way out the door.
He doesn’t eat breakfast. So this is saying a lot! I love how they were light, fluffy, yet chewy and just melt in your mouth. Don’t worry I was hesitant when I saw Cool Whip listed on the ingredients, but Jen over at Yummy. Healthy. Easy made them and she pretty much rocks so I gave them a try!
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) Pillsbury Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, Lite
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl combine Cool Whip and eggs. Mix well. Add in cake mix and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from fridge. Using a cookie scoop make cookies, rolling in powdered sugar and placing on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on pan and then remove to wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 83kcal Calories from fat 26|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|