Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Light Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 1 (19 oz) package Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1.5 lbs mini Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 3 c. chopped kale
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. low fat milk
- Remove casing off of the sausage and cut each link in half lengthwise and crumble. Saute over medium heat in skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray with garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and milk in 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low 4-5 ours or high 2-3 hours or until potatoes test done.
- 45 minutes before before serving combine flour and milk in small bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir into slow cooker with the rest of the soup. Cover and continue cooking until it has thickened slightly.
Every slow cooker heats at different rates. Please adjust cooking times accordingly.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 498kcal Calories from fat 210|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Craving More Delicious Soup Recipes?
Follow my Delicious Soup Recipes Board on Pinterest!
On Julie’s Eats & Treats!
This Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup is creamy, rich with flavor and perfect for spring! Throw it in the Crock Pot and it will be waiting for you when you are ready to eat!
Cream Cheese Ham & Potato Soup ~ Easy Crock Pot Soup loaded with ham and potatoes!
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili ~ Loaded with White Beans, Cheese, Cayenne Pepper and Green Chilies to give it a KICK!