A quick and easy dip recipe that’s the perfect appetizer! This sweet and tangy Honey Mustard Dip pair perfectly with salty pretzels to make the ultimate sweet and salty snack that curbs any craving. It only takes 10 minutes to make, can be made ahead and once you start dipping you can’t stop!
You know that appetizer that everyone gets excited about when you bring it to a party? This pretzel dip recipe is it for me – it always gets rave reviews and I always bring copies of the recipe because people always ask for it.
There’s just something about it that everyone loves – it’s cool, creamy, and that perfect balance of salty and sweet. If you love honey mustard, this is the dip recipe for you!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is a family recipe I’ve been making for years. It’s so easy I can make it with my eyes closed at this point! It always turns out great, and everyone loves it.
- It’s the best dip for pretzel sticks. The crunchy salty rods are just perfect for dipping!
- You only need five ingredients to make it, and it’s ready in 10 minutes! It’s perfect if you need last-minute snacks or appetizers – it’s saved me on many occasions!
This is the best mustard pretzel dip – I can’t wait for you to try it! It’s great for all through the year for holidays, BBQs, potlucks, game-days, and parties.
- Mayonnaise – Regular mayo is best! I haven’t tested this with low-fat versions.
- Sugar – this adds a touch of sweetness to balance out the salty flavor.
- Garlic powder
- Honey mustard – Pick your favorite brand. I’ve used several over the years, and pretty much any kind works.
- Vegetable oil
- Pretzel sticks for dipping
How to Make It
Place all of the ingredients (except for the pretzel sticks) in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Be sure to mix thoroughly so the sugar completely dissolves in the dip. Otherwise, you may notice a grainy texture.
Make it ahead for the best results. I think it tastes best after it’s been chilled for a few hours. It gives it time to set and also for the flavors to mix and meld together.
It will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days. Just make sure it’s in an air tight container.
It’s also a great soft pretzel dip!
What Goes with Pretzel Dip?
Need some other appetizers to go alongside this recipe? Here are some that pair great with it!
- Ham and Cheese Sliders are hot, cheesy, and go great with mustard!
- We love our Veggie Pizza because it goes with pretty much everything.
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites are always a hit when we make them!
- For an easy cold appetizer, make a batch of Ham Pickle Roll-Ups.
Make this pretzel dip recipe the next time you need an appetizer to please a crowd! No one can resist it – sometimes I double the batch so we don’t run out!
More Easy Dip Recipes
- You’ll skip the bottled kind once you make your own Ranch Dip! Cool, creamy, and perfect for all the veggies, pretzels, chips… anything that you love to dip in ranch!
- You only need four ingredients to make the best Crack Dip!
- Make some Dill Dip for your next veggie platter and watch it disappear.
Try it and love it? Rate it, please! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!!
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ c. honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz bag pretzel sticks
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.